First City Monument Bank (FCMB) is a wholesale banking group with a niche retail banking franchise, headquartered in Lagos.
First City Monument Bank (FCMB) Plc is a full service banking group, headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria, with the vision ‘to be the premier financial services group of African origin.
From its early origins in investment banking as City Securities Limited in 1977, FCMB, established in 1982, has emerged as one of the leading financial services institutions in Nigeria and one of the top eight lenders in the country with subsidiaries that are market leaders in their respective segments. FCMB was incorporated as a private limited liability company on 20 April 1982 and granted a banking licence on 11 August 1983. On 15 July 2004, the Bank changed its status from a private limited liability company to a public limited liability company and was listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange, by introduction, on 21 December 2004. As at December 2013, FCMB had 2 million customers, N1 trillion in assets, over 270 branches in Nigeria and a licensed banking subsidiary in the United Kingdom (FCMB UK) and a representative office in the Republic of South Africa.
Having successfully transformed to a retail and commercial banking-led group, the Bank expects to continue to distinguish itself by delivering exceptional service and taking its unique brand of supportive banking to every household in Nigeria and they’ve done this with the introduction of their Mobile Banking USSD code
The Mobile Banking USSD Transaction code enables their customers to perform banking transactions like balance enquiry, airtime purchase, payment of bills and most importantly funds transfer to other accounts from their phones without internet.
How To Get Started And Activate
- Simply dial *389*214# from your phone.
- FCMB Welcome Message will be displayed with the following options
“1. Activate with Account
- To exit.”
- Press 1 to select “activate with account” and press send.
- Enter your account number and follow the screen prompt.
- Call FCMB Contact Centre on 01-2798800 or visit any FCMB branch to generate your PIN.
- Once you’ve gotten your PIN, Dial *389*214# on your phone and click on Security.
- Select Change PIN to enter your default PIN and enter your new four digits PIN when prompted.
READ ALSO- Stanbic IBTC Mobile Banking: How To Activate And Buy Airtime On This Platform
How To Recharge Your Phone On The Platform
To recharge your own line (the number connected to your FCMB Account), simply dial – *322*214*amount of recharge# i.e *322*214*1000# with 1000 being the amount you wish to recharge.
How To Recharge Other Lines
Simply dial *322*214*phone number*amount# and press send and enter your four digits pin to confirm transaction.
How To Transfer Funds On This Platform
To Transfer Money from your account to other bank accounts within and outside FCMB, Kindly follow the steps below.
- Simply dial *322*214*account number*amount# and press send.
- Select the bank you’re transferring to from the list of banks and press send.
- Confirm the name of the persoyand the amount and press send.
- Enter your four digits pin to confirm the transaction.
Please Note: DO NOT send or disclose your ATM Pin and other information to anybody to avoid the account been compromised. In the case of any suspicion kindly contact any of the numbers below to speak to any contact center agent for prompt assistance.