Remitly is a digital software used for monetary purposes founded by Matt Oppenheime. It is a mobile remittance organization that helps send money abroad. They are solely created to ease long distance money transfer. Remitly is a very safe and secure means of sending money from a far distance, it offers 100% customer satisfaction and a guaranteed money back policy.
You must be wondering how fast is remitly transfer?
The speed offering of remitly transfer is impressive!
It has the ability to deliver money to recipients within minutes. Although this is on possible if you use a debit card. You should also put into consideration that
You’ll sacrifice a little on the exchange rate — bank account transfers generally get you the cheapest rates — and you’ll pay an additional 3% for transfers done by credit card.
We limit how much you can send in 24 hours, 30 days, and 180 days. These limits are different depending on your location and your recipient’s location. If you need to send more than your current limit, you can request an increase.
Remitly uses SSN (Social Security number) when you upgrade your account transfer limit.
Limit For Money Transfer To Nigeria
- Bank Transfer – the limit for bank transfer is NGN 7,000,000 per transfer and per day
- Cash Pickup – the limit for a cash pickup is NGN 1,000,000 per transfer and per day
- Airtime Top-Up – Once you enter a valid Nigerian phone number, you would different packages available for prepaid mobiles network providers.
How To Send Money To Nigeria Using Remitly
Here are the steps on how to send money to Nigeria using Remitly.
- Download the WorldRemit app from the apple store or Google play store.
- Open the application and set up your account.
- Select the activity you want to carry out (in this case a transfer).
- Select the amount you would like to send.
- Enter your recipient’s information. (Enter their full name (it must match their valid ID card), Address, Mobile number, Sending reasons, Email address).
READ ALSO- How To Open A Zelle Account, Transfer Limit And Account Opening Procedures
Benefits Of Using The Remitly Application
- The remitly app makes it easier to send money to Nigeria
- It also makes it easy to track transactions right from your phone.
- You can check the exchange rates.
- You can also manage your account and recipients at any time and from anywhere.
After a successful transaction, the next step to take is to collect the funds.
Here’s How To Collect Funds Sent Through Remitly In Nigeria
- You need a valid identification card. (Nigerian passport, drivers license, national ID card)
- Transaction reference number: this is usually a 8-12 digits number.
Make sure you put the correct phone number and email address because you will be sent messages and codes for verification.
- Visit any branch of Banks that supports remitly. (First Bank, FCMB, Zenith Bank, Fidelity Bank).
- And that’s it! It’s as simple as that.
You might be wondering how long it takes for funds to be available for collection in Nigeria?
Usually it is within few minutes. After some verification, you can access your funds.
In the case of a cash Pickup, there are limits in transfer of currencies. If you are sending cash pick up to Nigeria, the only currency acceptable is the Nigerian Naira.
You have come to the end of this article. Did you learn a thing or two? Please check out other topics on our website.