AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ABU/ ABU ZARIA, formerly known as The University of Northern Nigeria, was established in 1962 and was renamed from its former name to Ahmadu Bello University. ABU Zaria, as popularly known is the abbreviation for the federal government owned institution situated in Zaria, Kaduna State, Nigeria.
The institution has been accredited by the National University Commission (NUC) for its recognized programs, which includes the Undergraduate degrees program, Direct Entry degree program, Postgraduate program and it’s Medical Program.
The entry requirements for the prospective JAMB/UTME candidates seeking admission into The Ahmadu Bello University, ABU Zaria, are stated below:
- All Candidates must choose the institution as part of their Choice of University (preferable FIRST CHOICE) in the UTME form.
- All Candidates must have a minimum of 180 in the conducted UTME/ JAMB examination and must also beat the present/current cut-off mark of the institution
- All candidates must possess a minimum of five (5) credits passes in relevant subjects including English Language and any other relevant subject either in SSCE, GCE, and any other approved certificate examination by the institution.
- All of the Five (5) credit passes in the O’level examinations should not be more than two sittings.
List Of Faculties In Ahmadu Bello University, ABU Zaria Are
- Faculty of Administration
- Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Environmental Design
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Available Faculties In The Institution And Its Departmental Cut Off Marks For All The Prospective JAMB/ UTME Candidates Are Stated In The Table Below
|FACULTIES||CUT OFF MARKS|
|Arts and Humanities||200|
Note; Courses like Microbiology, Biosystem Engineering, Geology, Computer Science, English Language, and Biochemistry required cut off marks of 190
How To Check ABU Zaria Cut Off Marks
Steps in checking for the Ahmadu Bello University, ABU Zaria, is a straight forward and direct one. All that needs to be done are:
- Log on to www.abuzaria-cut-off-marks
- On this item, Choose the “Year of Examination” of the candidate
- Click on the button “Check Cut off” to log in
Other entry requirements for Ahmadu Bello University, ABU Zaria, are:
- You will require original copy of JAMB result slip
- Original document of the O’Level Certificate
- Copy of the Statements of the Results
Note; ABU Zaria does not accept Awaiting results
- Original copy of the Primary School Leaving Certificate
- Copy of the Admission Status Slip
- Original copy of Candidate birth declaration or birth certificate
- Attestation Letter
- Original copy of the applicant Local Government of Origin would also be required
- Post UTME screening form
- Recent passport photographs (Colored) and other relevant results