The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) have made the portal available for candidates who sat for the JAMB 2019 exam to pick up the change of Institution and course form. However, this is to allow candidates make the necessary changes in their previously selected institution.
Please all candidates should know that they are advised not to apply for change of institution to an institution that have conducted their post UTME screening exercise.
Reasons Candidates May Want To Change Their Institution
There are lots of reasons why candidates will want to change their chosen jamb institution, but here are three most vital reasons why a candidate may want to do that
- A Low Jamb Score: once jamb has released results, candidates will now have to face the admission screening exercise and then the admissions process. So when a candidate who applied for a particular school that has a higher cut off mark and then the candidate scored low, then it will be of necessity to change to another school with a lower cut off mark to increase the chances of having admission.
- ‘O’ Level Result Not Complete: there are some candidates that might not have up to the number of credit passes that is required for admission on their chosen institution
- Registration Errors: if you ever made errors during your registration, you can now do all corrections such as course, faculty and institution.
Other things that will make a candidate to perform some changes could include financial challenges, changes in demographical locations, Parental and friends suggestions.
Please note that changing of institution is only allowed to be done once and also, you can only change to an institution that their cut off mark matches what you already scored in your jamb result.
READ ALSO- Accredited Dental Schools In Nigeria, How To Apply, The Requirements And All You Must Know
All JAMB candidate who made slight errors when they were filling their form online should note that they can actually correct some of such errors, the errors they can correct are outlined below:
- Correction of date of birth
- Correction of name
- Correction of Passport Photograph
- Correction of Gender
- Correction of their UTME Subjects
- Correction of State and LGA
- Correction of Profile
- The correction of their chosen Institution and Course (please note that this Correction can be done twice with a separate payments, while other corrections above from 1 to 7 can only be done once)
Also note that the changing of Institution and course, Names, Date of Birth, Gender, State and LGA of Origin will cost the sum of N2,500 (two thousand five hundred naira only).
How To Change Your Jamb Institution
To change your institution, you will need to simply follow the simple procedures below and your institution will be changed successfully
1. You will need to visit the JAMB official portal via www.jamb.org.ng/efacility
2. You will be expected to login with your correct Email and Password.
3. Next, you will need to click on ‘Application for Correction of Data’ on the left hand side of the menu.
4. From the drop down, you can then choose the one you intend to correct which should be Institution, course, Names, Date of Birth, Gender, State/LGA of Origin.