Akanu Ibiam federal polytechnic is located in Unwana city, Ebonyi state. The institution was established in 1981 and owned by the federal government of Nigeria. It was formerly called federal polytechnic Unwana-Afikpo before it was renamed after Akanu Ibiam, the first Republic governor of Eastern Region, Nigeria. It effectively took off in November 1981 when the pioneer Rector Late Engr. D. O. Epell assumed duties at the temporary office at Afikpo.
Akanu Ibiam federal polytechnic is a known and a renowned institution based on a distinctive and attractive campus that is known to provide top quality academic, social and cultural facilities to students. The polytechnic is ranked the best polytechnic in Nigeria and is consistently in the top set of institutions for students satisfaction. The philosophy of the institution is embodied in the motto which states “Skills for technological freedom”. This philosophy is principally aimed at inculcating in students and staff, the discipline and hard work to be able to acquire both practical and theoretical skills needed for self-reliance.
The institution has 5 schools that offers programs leading to ND and HND in sciences, Engineering and humanities. In October 2003, the polytechnic was designated a centre for excellence in the south east by the Nigerian Board for Polytechnic Education due to its excellent administration and the quality of its courses. Also in October 2008, the polytechnic was selected for establishment of a world class information and communication technology center by the United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and in November 2009, a new library was constructed.
- Five O’level credit passes in Physics, Maths, English, Chemistry and one other relevant discipline.
- A minimum score of 150 in UTME
- Postgraduate students must possess at least a third class university degree or lower credits and above for polytechnic graduates.
Courses / Departments in AKANUPOLY
- Agricultural Technology
- Architectural Technology
- Building Technology
- Business Administration and Management
- Chemical Engineering Technology
- Computer Science
- Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Estate Mangement And Valuation
- Food Technology
- Glass / Ceramics Technology
- Hospitality Management
- Local Government Studies
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Office Technology And Management
- Public Administration
- Quantity Surveying
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Surveying and Geo-Informatics
How To Apply
- Visit the official website at http//:polyunwana.net
- Click Application form then provide your phone no then sign in.
- Fill in your details correctly and submit to generate the application invoice
- Print out the invoice page that pops out
- Go to the bank with the invoice slip and make your payments (#5000 for HND and #2000 for OND) using a Remita generated no (RRR)
- Return to the portal and click Apply Now button then select application type ( ND/HND/PGD) then supply the RRR
- Proceed to fill your details correctly
Candidates offered admission will be screened. Required documents for screening are: Original copy of JAMB result, original copy of O’level result, original copy of ND certificate or statement of result for HND candidates, original copy of letter of completion of Industrial Training,
How To Register Courses
- Visit the official website at www.akanuibiamfedpoly.net
- Log in using your JAMB no or Exam no then enter the default password which is also password ( case sensitive)
- Tbe first thing you do after loging in is to change your password and update your profike including your email address and phone number.
- Save your information by clicking update at the bottom of the page
- Click fees,click on the Remita payment portal link ob the fees page or just go through www.remita.net and select pay a federal government agency
- Verify your RRR by inputting it into the provided space
- Click update profile and upload a scanned copy of your e-receipt sent to you via email
- Once your payments has been verified, you will receive a notification asking you to complete the online form and then do a final submit
- Upload all necessary documents
- Click course registration, select your courses then save and submit
ND 1(Engineering and science)-40,594
ND 2 (Engineering, science, Office technology &management)-37,783
ND 1 (Accounting, Business administration and management, public administration)-36,352
ND 2 (Accounting, Business admie and management, public administration)-35,117
HND 1 (Eng,Sci,OTM)-42,137
HND 2 (Eng,Sci,OTM)-30_325