Babcock University is a private Christian co-educational Nigerian university owned and operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Nigeria. The university is located at Ilishan-Remo Ogun State. Its former name was Adventist College of West Africa, which was later changed to Adventist Seminary of West Africa.
It was established in 1959 with its motto as “Knowledge, Truth, Service” The Vice Chancellors of this christain university are Iheanyichuwu O. Okoro, and Sunday A. Owolabi.
The students of the university numbered about 20,000+ across their Campuses. The Main Campus is located at Ilishan-Remo, and the Mini Campus at Iperu, Remo. It got its Government accreditation in the year 1999.
Admission Requirements For The Babcock University Admission Process
All candidate who wish to apply for the Babcock University admission process must possess the following qualifications to be considered for the school’s admission.
- All applicants must possess a minimum of five (5) credits passes in their O’level subject combination at not more than two (2) sittings.
The credit passes should be obtained in any of the GCE, SSCE, NECO, NABTEB examinations or any of their acceptable equivalent.
- For candidates applying for Medicine & Surgery, they must possess all five (5) credit passes and higher in only one sitting.
- All Candidates must be sixteen (16) years and above before they can apply.
Candidates below 16 years of age are advised not to apply.
- All applicants must have scored the required JAMB UTME cut off mark.
How To Apply For The Babcock University Admission Process
All interested candidate are to follow the application process below.
You are to obtain the online application form on the website.
- Visit the school’s application portal at application2.Babcock.edu.ng
- Input your JAMB UTME registration number.
- You will be redirected to a payment page.
- Choose how you want to pay.
*You can pay online using your valid debit card with sufficient amount.
Just provide all the card details and click pay.
Print out your payment receipt.
*You can also pay using the Remita Retrieval Reference, RRR platform.
Generate your payment invoice, print it out and head for any of the approved banks for payment.
Collect your payment receipt.
- After successful payment, return to the application portal and the online form would be ready to be filled.
- Fill in the form approximately, and upload all the necessary documents.
- Upload your recent passport photograph.
- Provide all the required details and ensure all information is valid and correct.
- Proof read your application form and click submit.
- Print out your acknowledgement slip and the application form.
How To Check The Babcock University Admission List
- Visit your portal on the school’s website.
- Log in and on the drop down menu, click on the ‘Admission Status’ button.
- Your admission status would be displayed.
You can accept the Admission by clicking on ‘Accept’
To download the admission list, visit the school’s admission portal.
All applicants that applied to Babcock directly would still be required to sit for the JAMB UTME examination.
Candidates with awaiting O’level results must submit their result with the acceptable qualifications before the matriculation exercise.
Candidate below the age of 16 would not be admitted.