Kwara State Polytechnic was established in 1973 at Ilorin, Kwara State. It is owned and operated by the Kwara State Government. The school started with 110 pioneer students and today is one of the best and most popular polytechnics in Nigeria. It offers both ND (National Diploma) and HND ( Higher National Diploma) certificates in various disciplines.
Eligibility Criteria For Admission Into Kwara Poly
- All applicants must possess the minimum entry requirement of five credit passes at O’level or NABTEB in not more than two sittings
- Applicants who choose KwaraPoly as first or Second choice of institution in UTME and scored at least 150 or above, applicants who also purchased Application form either for ND or HND from KwaraPoly campus and passed the required cutoff from the screening exam are also eligible for admission
- Applicants applying for admission into the HND programme must possess ND certificate plus two years post ND Industrial Attachment.
How To Apply For Admission Into KwaraPoly ND/HND Programme
- Applicants should log into the admission portal at https://kwarapolyportal.org/appo.php , on the homepage click on the link “Application”
- Create your personalized profile by filling the form correctly
- Click on the button “Resume Application” on the left menu
- Enter your personal details on the next screen then click on continue
- Enter the details of your first and second choice along with your JAMB score and registration number then click continue
- Enter the details of your O’level results and grades plus the number of sittings then click continue
- Upload a clear recent passport sized photograph then click continue
- Click on “Screening Application” then read the declaration then click on the proceed button to continue
- Upload the necessary documents (O’level result and ND certificate then click on “Upload and Continue”
- Enter the details of your next of kin then click on continue
- Read the payment instructions carefully then click on continue to see the payment details
- Proceed to payment by clicking on the “CollegePay” button then select your ATM type (Verve/Master card), enter your card number, expiry date and card CVV2 then lastly enter your PIN and click on “Pay”. After paying successfully, click on print to print your payment receipt and Application documents
- You will need the following documents for the screening exercise: Post-UTME screening form, O’level result, JAMB result slip, Local government of origin Indigene certificate, birth certificate or age declaration and 16 copies of recent passport photographs
KwaraPoly Cutoff Mark For All Courses
The cutoff mark for 2018/2019 academic session is 120 hence candidates who score 120 or above are eligible to participate in the preadmission screening exercise and if they pass the required cutoff may be offered admission. This cutoff is a combination of JAMB score and post UTME score. Candidates with higher JAMB and post-UTME scores are likely to be given their preferred course of study upon payment of acceptance fees after they have checked their admission status.