The University of Benin, Nigeria was established in the year 1970 with its motto as Knowledge for Service. It is a public type of institution, with the former CBN (Central Bank of Nigeria) Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi as their current Chancellor. Their Vice Chancellor is in person of Prof Faraday Orumwense.
At present, the university of Benin, Nigeria has an estimate of about 75,000 Students on campus.
The university has two campus, Ugbowo Campus and Ekenwan Campus which are all located in Benin, Edo state.
The University Of Benin, Edo State Pre Degree Programme
The Pre degree programme, is just like the popular IJMB and Remedial. It is a programme that helps you get admission into year two (200 level) in the university.
The Pre degree programme is a programme that was developed with the intention of giving fresh student (who just finished their senoir secondary school education) intensive grooming of what the university holds for them.
The pre degree programme has its own benefits as it make up for what students might have missed while in the senior secondary school. Each and every thing would be extensively discussed in the pre degree programme.
Uniben Pre Degree Admission Requirements
- All applicants who wish to apply for the uniben pre degree programme must have at least five credit passes in the relevant O’level subject combination.
This O’level subject combination includes English language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings, in SSCE, NECO, GCE, NABTAB, or any of it acceptable equivalent.
This is the only requirements you must have in order to apply for the uniben pre degree programme as you do not need the JAMB UTME examination and its result.
How To Apply For The UNIBEN Pre Degree Admission Programme
- All interested applicant should visit the school’s website at http://www.uniben.edu to purchase their application forms.
- Select the Pre Degree option on the website.
- You would be required to make payment online, using your valid debit card details. A non-refundable application fee of fifteen thousand naira (N15,000.00) would be deducted from your account and paid into the the school’s account. Note Bank charges may apply.
- Fill your application form correctly as no correction can be made after submission.
- Upload the necessary document which includes your O’level result and passport photograph.
- Proof read your application form to be sure it is error free.
- Print out four copies of the application form fee.
Note that only coloured print out is accepted in other words, you cannot use photocopies.
Candidates must ensure that all information provided by them are correct as any error in the uploading of details would be considered as the fault of the candidates and it could lead to forfeition of your application form fee.
Candidates are also advised to follow the application instructions carefully and make sure the subject combination selected suits their choice of course.
All interested applicant are to visit the school portal frequently for updated info.