JAMB Admission Matriculation Board is an academic body that coordinates Tertiary Education Entrance Examination, every Nigerian student are familiar with this examination body acronym as JAMB. The board conducts the entrance examination of student into Nigerian public and private universities, polytechnics and colleges of education.
The board was established in 1978 with the aim to ensure student are academically proven to further their education to the tertiary level. Its exam is conducted yearly between the months of March to May all across the country. It is also directly and coordinated under the strict presence of official and invigilator ensuring that the process is conducted without examination malpractice or unapproved action.
Initially JAMB examination was conducted using the POP (pen on paper) objective mode, but with the introduction of computer, the exams are now conducted using CBT (computer based tests) which involves student writing and submitting the exams online.
For students intending to gain admission into any of the Nigerian Tertiary Institution they are expected to register for the examination online at www.jamb.org.ng, upon meeting its requested Criteria which requires five credits in secondary school education in major subject including Mathematics and English, candidates could also make these credit result in two sittings. It is important to note that student without the stipulated requirements are not eligible to sit for the examination.
READ ALSO- Kenya Airways: How To Book Flight And Make Payment Online
Candidates seeking to write the JAMB examination are required to have a functioning e-mail address and active phone number to proceed with the registration process. It is important to note that this email address must be a personal address, as one email address cannot be used to register multiples candidates on JAMB portal.
Candidates are further required to create their data profile on the JAMB downloaded app via Playstore, or visit the official portal at
www.jamb.org.ng . Information required in filling the form includes candidate’s full name, their date of birth, email address, phone number, and state of origin.
- Candidates are there after required to visit the accredited CBT centres with their data profile and proof of payment.
- Upon providing their evidence of payment and data profile, they will be supplied with the following.
- A CD- with video introduction to JAMB examination, a prescribed reading text will be included containing the examination guidelines, examination syllabus and application procedures.
- Candidates can now complete the registration process at their official website after providing their fingerprint biometric and required information.
How To Check Exam Center And Result
Upon filling the registration form online, student writing the examination are requested to login to their JAMB profile detail to check their exam allocated centre and date, simply by visiting www.jamb.org.ng. Candidates are further advised to print their examination centre slip after viewing it.
After successfully writing the exam, candidates are expected to check their result online following the simple steps below:
- Visit the result checker portal at jamb.org.ng/resultchecker
- Enter your required email address and registration details
- Click on check result to view your exam score.
- After viewing your examination centre, it is advisable to print out the copy for future references.