On the Airtel network, there are lots of customer friendly services to enable customers enjoy their line as well as to show love to their loved ones. One of such services is the Airtel Me2U.
Airtel Me2U is a service that enables an Airtel subscriber to show love to another Airtel subscriber by transfering a portion of their credit to the other person. This means that as a subscriber, you can recharge a card and share it your family members, friends or even colleagues as far as they are on the network. Each subscriber can do a transfer of not more than N5000 per day.
Airtel Me2U Registration
As a subscriber on the Airtel network, you don’t need to register for Airtel Me2U service. Every active line is enabled to be able to enjoy the service, you only need to change the default PIN that came with line to a personal and more secured PIN that you can remember easily but difficult for anyone to guess. I do recommend that you change the default PIN. The default PIN is 1234.
How To Change The Default Me2U Transfer PIN
To change your default Me2U PIN, kindly follow through the steps below;
- On your phone, navigate to your SMS menu
- In a text message, write PIN default PIN new PIN. That is, PIN 1234 9087
- Send it to 432.
- You will get a notification that will tell you that your new PIN is 9087 as used in the example above.
Once this is done, you can now transfer from your credit to other Airtel numbers.
How To Use Airtel Me2U Service
To transfer a portion of your credit on your Airtel line to another Airtel line, kindly follow the highlighted steps below;
- Kindly navigate to your SMS menu on your phone.
- Create an SMS and write in this format: 2u [space] Airtel Number [space] Amount [space] PIN. That is, if you want to N100 to 08081234567, you will write: 2u 08081234567 100 9087.
- Send the SMS to 432.
- The credit will be transferred immediately. You will get an instant SMS to notify you of the transfer while the recipient also get a notification too.
It is worthy of note that each successful transaction will cost the subscriber N10. Subscribers will NOT be charged for PIN changes and enquiry SMS, as well as failed Me2U transactions. All transactions are irreversible. Airtime once sent cannot be retrieved by the sender. Subscribers will not be charged for PIN changes and enquiry SMS, as well as failed Me2U transactions.
In case you are in a situation whereby you don’t have sufficient balance to make call and you need to make an urgent call, simply prompt someone on the network to send you credit by making use of the credit me service for free of charge. To do this, simply dial *141*8*recipient number#. The recipient will receive an SMS from your number which reads: “Please Credit Me”.