Almost every smartphone uses data these days if not all phone users. Lots of data users are not aware of ways they could purchase the data other than the traditional way of recharging your line and then dial the corresponding subscription code. Some even call customer service and wait endlessly for them to pick the call just because they want to purchase a data plan.
In this piece, we discuss how to purchase data plan on Airtel network directly from your bank account and other convenient ways for the purchase of data. Our emphasis is on direct bank data plan purchase just like direct airtime recharge. Lets help you avoid the stress. Things are a lot easier now, no more stress!
To purchase airtel data plan directly from your bank account, you must fulfill the following conditions;
- You must have an active bank account
- Your bank account must have your Airtel number as its transaction alert number
- You must know your bank transaction code and your account must be registered on it.
- You have sufficient money in your bank account
If you meet up with all these conditions, then next step is to purchase your preferred data plan. Here are the steps to follow;
- On the Airtel number which is your transaction alert line, dial your bank transaction code.
- From the prompt, look out for “Buy Data”. If its not on the first page, select next to take it to the second page. Select the data option
- It will bring the available data plans from which you can select your choice.
- Next you will answer the question whether you are buying for yourself of for someone. If for another line, you will be asked to input the line and once done, it will be forwarded instantly.
You will get your debit alert immediately and data credit alert from Airtel if you are buying for yourself. This is a very fast way without stress or waste of time. It can be done anywhere and at anytime.
READ ALSO- Payza Nigeria App: How To Download, Sign Up And Use For Different Online Transactions
Here Are The Transaction Codes Of Some Of The Banks
First Bank *894#
Access Bank *901#
Wema Bank *945#
Diamond Bank *426#
Diamond Bank DYA *710#
Stanbic IBTC *909#
Zenith Bank *302# or *966#
Sterling Bank *822#
Skye Bank *833#
Fidelity Bank *770#
If your bank is not listed above, please contact your bank for the transaction code. You may as well call Airtel customer service on 111. They should be able to give you the bank code, after all, they are partners.
Another way one could buy data is to buy from data vendor around. You will see them all around. Just walk up to them and request to buy your desired amount. It will be transferred to you instantly. They could be paid in cash or via Bank transfer. Some even collect recharge cards as means of payment. Their data usually last for up to three (3) months validity even if you don’t buy up to a gig.