The Heritage Bank Nigeria PLC. (HB PLC) was established in the year 1989 and happens to be popularly known by its customers as Heritage Bank. They are one of the leading commercial banks that has survived legal huddles to blaze the trail in Nigerian banking industry. And as part of its innovativeness to improve customer experience, Heritage Bank launched their internet banking to make transactions easier.
What Is Heritage Bank Internet Banking
The Heritage Bank has developed its internet banking services into two products to enable ease of usage by its customers, here they are:
- The Personal Internet Banking platform which is called HB Online
- The Corporate Internet Banking platform which is called HeritagePay.
However, with the Personal Internet Banking Platform (HB Online), Heritage Bank customers with personal account can perform banking transactions from their phones. While the Corporate Internet Banking platform (HeritagePay) is meant for corporate organization, government and private agencies. The HB Online, which is the Personal Internet Banking platform is what we will be looking at today.
Here Are The Transactions You Can Perform
- You can recharge airtime
- You can manage multiple accounts
- You can make bills payment
- You can make funds transfer
- You can make Quickteller transactions
- You can check account balance
- You can do Alert subscription
- You can make cheque book requests.
- You can subscribe for sms banking
- You can request for debit card
Please note that with this internet banking, customers can carry out banking activities either through the Heritage Bank Internet Banking USSD code or via the Heritage Bank Mobile App.
Here Is How Heritage Bank Internet Banking USSD Code Works
The Heritage Bank’s USSD code (*322#) is a mobile banking platform that also allow transactions on the go, for customer who may not have internet connection.
Below are few transactions you can perform with the USSD code. However, you must ensure that your phone number is automatically registered for Heritage Bank Mobile Money Transfer unless you have changed your phone number since opening your Heritage Bank account.
TO TRANSFER FUNDS TO OTHER BANK
If you want to send money from your Heritage Bank account to another Nigerian Bank:
- Just dial *322*030*Account number*Amount# on your phone. eg, to send the sum of one Thousand Naira Only, to the access Bank account 0775227372, simply dial *322*030*0775227372*1000#
- Then follow the prompt to finish the transaction and wait for a confirmation message from the bank.
- Soon, you will receive an SMS confirming the transaction.
TO CHECK ACCOUNT BALANCE
You can check your account balance using the USSD code:
- Just dial *322*030#
- And then follow the command displayed on your screen to check balance.
TO BUY AIRTIME
To do this, the only requirements is to have your number registered with heritage bank as this is the only means of identification to specify which account to buy airtime from.
- Just dial *322*030*Amount# for example, to recharge N500, simply dial *322*030*500# and after which, your phone number will be instantly recharged.
And to recharge for your loved ones:
- Just dial *322*030*phone number*amount# for example to recharge 500 for a friend whose number is 08068483371, just dial *322*030*08068483371*500#. After which, the phone number will be instantly recharged with the airtime amount requested.