ZESA simply mean the Zimbabwe Electricity Supply Authority, with a registered name that is ZESA Holdings (Private) Limited, which happens to be a state owned company whose task is primarily to transmit, generate and distribute electricity in Zimbabwe. The electric company have organized this by delegating tasks to its subsidiaries, via the energy generating company, the Zimbabwe Power Company (ZPC) and also the Zimbabwe Electricity Transmission and Distribution Company (ZETDC). Their other subsidiaries are the investment branch ZESA Enterprises (ZENT) and also internet service provider PowerTel Communications (Private) Limited.
The company ZESA is the only electricity generator and supplier for the public grid. Over many years, the company has failed to produce enough energy to meet up with demands. The ZESA Company produces an estimated 6.8 billion kWh as at 2016, while demand was estimated at 7.118 billion kWh.
And What Is Ecocash?
The term EcoCash happens to be an innovative mobile payment solution meant for Econet customers. Its enables you to perform any financial transactions such as sending money to your loved ones, buy prepaid airtime or data for yourself or other for Econet subscribers and pay for goods and services, which all can be done using your mobile phone.
Transactions You Can Perform With Ecocash
- You can transfer (send) money across all networks
- You can pay for goods and services locally and internationally
- You can pay bills such as school fees, DSTV, Council utility bills (water, rates), etc.
- You can withdraw money (Cash-Out)
- You can purchase Econet prepaid airtime, data bundles, text or pay a direct connect account for yourself and any other Econet subscribers
- You can make secure online payments
- You can receive money from diaspora
- You can also deposit money (Cash-In)
- You can even save money
- You can still access loans
- You can link your EcoCash wallet to your bank account
- You can manage your EcoCash account, change your PIN, check current balance or see your last five transactions
How To Register On Ecocash
- For those who are already an Econet customer, simply visit any EcoCash authorized agent near you to complete an application form.
- But if you are not an Econet subscriber, then you will have to buy an Econet line and register at any authorized EcoCash agent.
- Anytime you are registering, you will need to produce your original National ID, a driver’s license or an international passport as well as a copy. However, before you register, ensure you have an active Econet SIM card. The registration will take about 3 minutes and you should take your mobile phone.
- For children that are 12 years and above with ID numbers already allocated to their birth certificates or who already have an international passport can register. During the registration, they must produce their original birth certificate or passport, then parents/guardians ID document and must be accompanied by their parent/guardian who also will put their signature on the registration form.
- Also note that customers will have to register in person. No one is allowed to open an account on behalf of someone else.
- Please know that unregistered users can receive transfers and perform cash out functions only.
How To Get Your ZESA Token Via Ecocash
Now you can purchase your ZESA electricity tokens via EcoCash Directly, and to do this, just follow these 8 procedures.
- Simply dial *151#
- Then chose the option 2 Make Payment
- Chose the option 5 Pay ZESA
- After which, chose option 1 Buy Token
- Input the Amount
- Input Your Meter Number
- After which, confirm Payment & Details Enter 1
- Once done, you should then receive a confirmation notice on EcoCash and via SMS