United Bank for Africa PLC (UBA) is one of Africa’s oldest and most resilient banking groups. The bank has been in operation since 1949 when it was then called the British and French Bank (BFB) before it incorporated as a limited liability company on February 23,1961.
UBA has operations in 20 African countries and also has offices in three global financial centers which are London, Paris and New York.
The bank led the interconnection of all its 428 African branches making it the largest online real time branch network in Africa and has since then has remained in the forefront of technology innovation in the African banking space after launching the first Artificial intelligence virtual banking Robot (Leo) in 2018.
It is also the first Nigerian-headquartered bank to launch Global Depository Receipts and is listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. This is the only known sub-saharan African Bank with a deposit taking license in the United States and also the only Nigerian-headquartered bank with full African footprint across all the African sub- regions. It has over fourteen million customers 1000 business offices and customer touch points all over the world.
UBA Internet/Mobile Banking App
The UBA internet banking app called U-direct is the most powerful e-commerce platform that helps the bank to reach the banked and unbanked public.
- Account Management
- Check Balance inquiry
- Funds transfers (Interbank and Intrabank)
- Statement Generation
- Debit and credit card and cheque book request
- Airtime and Data Purchase
- Pay bills
- Book flights
- Cyber receipts
- Products request
- Safe and secure transactions
- Fast, reliable online real-time transfer of funds
- Able to access multiple accounts
- Stress free no need to visit a bank hall and queue
How To Setup And Use The App
- Download and install the app on your PC or smartphone
- Open the U-mobile app, read and agree to the stated terms and conditions
- Click on ” Register with Account”
- Input your phone no, account no, username and password
- Select your Network provider (MTN/Glo/Airtel/9Mobile)
- Select your preferred means of communication (SMS/Email)
- Click the “Send or Go” button
- You will receive a success SMS
- Go to any UBA business office to fill the virtual channel enrollment form
- You will be sent your default PIN via SMS
- Change your default PIN to a personalized one before you can try any transaction
- Log into the Umobile app using the default PIN
- Click the button “Security- Change PIN” on the app
- Start transacting
Requirements For Internet/Mobile Banking App
- Internet enabled device (Smartphone/PC/Tablet)
- Completed enrollment form
- Data connection
The UBA E- token is a device that generates a password for a customer who is online and wants to make a transaction. The password generated can then be used to authorize the transaction.
How To Setup And Use The Token
- Visit any UBA branch and fill the token request form then submit
- You can also download the secure app from the app store or website at https://www.ubagroup.com/countries/ng
- Fill the form to create your account then submit
- Set your PIN and you are good to go