Kwara State University (KWASU) was established in 2009 as a center for community service and entrepreneurship. The university was formerly Kwara State Polytechnic before it was converted into a university in 2002. Kwasu offers both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in different programmes.
KWASU Admission Requirements
- Applicants must select Kwasu as first choice in the UTME and score at least 180 or above. Direct Entry applicants must possess any of the following certificates: higher or lower credit in OND/HND/ merit pass in NCE/JUPEB/IJMB and Advanced level GCE
- All applicants must possess at least five credit passes in O’level in relevant subjects in not more than two sittings.
How To Apply For Admission Into KWASU
- Applicants should visit the official website at myportal.kwasu.edu.ng/applicant/register and click create account
- Fill the application form with the necessary details such as your name, phone no and a valid email address.
- Select Undergraduate (Regular) under academic program.
- Select “UTME”or “DE”under the mode of entry also select “full time “under the mode of study then select KWASU under the “center” button then register your account.
- Proceed to the next page, click save then go to the payment page.
- Check the payment details on that page then click “Make payment”
- Go to the “Confirm pre-admission screening registration fee” and click pay now
- Enter your card details (card no, cvv2, card expiry date and pin)on the payment platform then click “pay”. The registration fees is #3000 for the screening and #2000 as administrative charges.
- After paying successfully, you will be redirected to the registration page to complete other stages after which you must print out the registration form and payment receipt.
- The most important documents required for the screening exercise are the JAMB result slip JAMB registration slip and O’level result.
KWASU CutOff Mark
The cutoff mark for admission into KWASU is 180, however, the higher the aggregate score (JAMB and post-UTME score) of a candidate, the higher the chances of getting admission to study your preferred course registered in your JAMB form. The Cutoff aggregate is a combination of JAMB score plus post-UTME score
- Mechanical Engineering/Material Engineering 230
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering 180
- Computer Engineering/Civil Engineering 230
- Agricultural Engineering/Chemical Engineering 240
- Sociology/Economics/Geography 230
- Political Science and Public Administration 220
- Hospitality and Tourism 220
- Geology and Mineral Science 230
- Food Science and Technology/Fisheries 220
- Plants Biology/Mathematics/Chemistry/Biochemistry 220
- Computer Science/Actuarial Science/Accounting/Banking and Finance 230
- Business Administration/Business and Entrepreneurship studies 220
- Special Education 190
- Education and Science /Sociology 200
- Early Childhood Education 180
- Early childhood and Primary Education/Business Education 190
- Performing Arts 210
- Mass communication/language and Linguistics 200
- History and International Relations/French 220
- English and Literary Studies 200
- Christian Studies/Arabic Studies 190
- Human Kinetics 200
- Islamic Studies 190
- Physics/ Material Science 220
- Statistics/ Zoology 220
- Law 240
- Medicine and Surgery/Dentistry 250
- Physiology/Anatomy/Microbiology 220
- Industrial Chemistry/Industrial Physics/Geology 190
- Linguistics 210.