The Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike was established in the year 1992 with its motto as “Knowledge, Food and Security” it is a Public University with its main campus at Umudike Abia State, Nigeria. Its Vice Chancellor is in person of Francis Otunta.
Admission Requirements Into The Michael Okpara University
Interested aspirant are only qualified to apply when they have meet the following requirements.
- All applicant must have registered for the JAMB UTME examination and must have choosen the Michael Okpara University as their first choice of institution.
- All applicants must have scored a mark of nothing less than one hundred and eighty (180) in the JAMB UTME examination.
- All applicants must possess at least five credit passes in their O’level subject combination which must include English Language and Mathematics, Agriculture and any other subject related to your choice of course.
All credit passes must be obtained at not more than two (2) sitting in any of the SSCE examination; WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB, or any of its acceptable equivalent.
Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture Cut off Mark
The JAMB UTME official cut off mark for the Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, is One hundred and eighty (180).
This simply means any candidate who scored up to one hundred and eighty in the JAMB UTME examination would automatically qualify to apply for the screening exercise.
Scoring 180 does not guarantee your admission because there are others who scored 300.
Apart from the Jamb cut off mark, the Michael Okpara University has placed different scores that they would use in admitting candidate, to any course.
This mark ranges from 45 – 70.
This is the mark you must score in your screening test in order to qualify for admission.
How To Apply For Admission In The Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture
Candidate who meet the requirements can begin registration through the steps below.
- All applicants should log on to the school’s website at mouau.edu.ng
- Click on the “2018/2019 Admission Screening” tab
- Input your valid email address
- Input your JAMB reg number.
- You will be automatically redirected to a payment page.
This is the Remita payment platform where an RRR number must be generated for you to make payment for the application form.
The application form fee is two thousand naira only (NGN 2000.00).
The payment should be made at any of the approved banks.
This is if you choose to use the e-tranzact payment method.
Payment can also be made online by using your debit card details.
Bank charges would apply which ever method you use.
- After successful payment, return to the portal to proceed with your registration.
- Fill the online application form with the correct details.
- You are expected to provide your O’level details, exam type, exam year and also a new result checker detail (result checker must not be used by candidate, it must be new).
- Proof read the application form and acknowledge that it is correct before submission.
- Submit and print your acknowledgement slip.
Note that the University is not responsible for any wrong information entered by applicants.
Candidates are advised to check the University Portal frequently to get any updated info.
If you encounter any problem, mail the university at email@example.com