PayPal account is an online payment platform used to earn and send out funds. It is also used to shop online especially across international shopping websites. Freelancers make use of it as a medium of receiving payment online. It is often linked to the bank account for withdrawal.
Having and using a PayPal account in Nigeria has always been an issue especially when it comes to verifying the PayPal account. Well, here in this piece, we shall discuss how to get possess a PayPal account in Nigeria, verify and use it with a Gtbank issued MasterCard. Let’s get started!
How To Open A PayPal Account In Nigeria
Opening a PayPal account in Nigeria is quite simple and doesn’t require much. Kindly follow the steps below;
- Begin by logging on to the Nigerian PayPal website, www.paypal.com/ng
- Navigate to the top right corner of the web page and click on “Signup”
- On the next page, select the type of account you want to open whether personal or business account and click on open account.
- Fill all the required details and ensure you verify them all before you click to agree to terms and conditions and then create account.
- Check your email address for the activation email.
- Activate your PayPal account by following the link in the email.
With these steps carefully done, you have opened and activated your PayPal account.
READ ALSO- How To Block Or Deactivate Your Lost ATM Card In Different Ways Without Going To The Bank
How To Verify Your PayPal Account With Gtbank MasterCard
After a successful account opening on PayPal and account confirmation, next thing you need to do is account verification. If your account is not verified, you wouldn’t be able to transact beyond $250. This why you need it verified. Here, we shall discuss how to verify your confirmed PayPal account with the Gtbank MasterCard naira. Kindly follow through the steps below;
- Login into your PayPal account
- Navigate to the menu and select the option to link your credit or debit card or to get verified
- In the space provided, input your Gtbank MasterCard details and click on continue
- An amount of $1.95 will be deducted from your bank account. You don’t have to worry, you are not charged for opening or verifying your PayPal account, it will be refunded in 24 hours.
- Check your email for the 4 digit verification code. You may also receive this by SMS. Copy the code.
- At the upper right hand side of the web page, click on confirm card
- Input the 4 digit verification code in the box provided. You will then see a congratulatory message if this is successful. This means your account is now verified.
With this, it means you can now transact from your Gtbank account through your PayPal account. That is, you can receive fund into Gtbank account via PayPal and as well send money into your PayPal account from your Gtbank account through the MasterCard naira.
I can’t linked my GTB debit card to PayPal, they keep on telling me declining
.pls help me to address this situation
You can’t link a Naira debit card with your PayPal account at the moment.