Imperial Homes Mortgage Bank formerly known as GTHomes provides easy and affordable mortgage packages for Nigerians thereby putting more Nigerians into homes. Their mission is to provide affordable housing scheme for all Nigerians especially now that the housing demand has been estimated at over 17 million people.
The Bank has designed three products for effective service delivery which are Imperial Homes Classic, Imperial Homes Direct and Imperial Homes ESS. We will discuss these products shortly.
How To Apply For Mortgage Through The Imperial Homes Mortgage Platform
If you desire to own a home through the Imperial Homes Mortgage, you must follow the procedure below:
- Open an Imperial Homes Mortgage Account with the Bank
- Save at least 20% of the loan amount, that is, 20% of the amount of the house you prefer
- Leave about two months mortgage payment in your account as your minimum balance
- Complete the Imperial Homes Mortgage Application Form and submit
- Submit the following documents as well:
- Title documents of your prospective property
- An offer letter signed by the prospective seller of the property If the property is a new building project, submit the following as well:
- Certified copy of approved building plan
- A bill of quantity from a registered Quantity Surveyor
- Your most recent three months pay slips that are certified by your employer
- Six months bank statement
- Copies of employment letter, confirmation letter or promotion letter
- Companies should provide their most recent six months bank statement, corporate profile and three years audited financial statements and three years cash flow projection
- Life insurance policy if you have one.
READ ALSO- How Use Moneygram Estimator Step By Steps Procedures And How To Use Online
Imperial Homes Classic
This package intends that customers save some money as equity contribution for their prospective homes or for rent or other personal needs. To open this account with the bank, you must have an opening balance of twenty thousand naira (#20000) only and you will be able to make cheque payments as well as access mortgage facility with just 4% interest rate per annum.
Imperial Homes Direct
This package allows you immediate access to mortgaged property without mandating you to build up your savings first. There is therefore no equity contribution in this package. To open this account with the bank, you must have an opening balance of one hundred thousand naira (#100000) only and you will be able to access mortgage facility of up to seven million naira (#7, 000, 000) only but not more and can pay up the loan for a period reaching up to fifteen years.
Imperial Homes ESS
This is the Imperial Homes Enhanced Savings account and the bank describes it as a high yield savings account with interest rate of seventy per cent. The interest on your savings will be deposited in your account every month end and you face a penal charge of fifty per cent on your accrued interest if you withdraw more than once in a quarter. This account does not allow you obtain mortgage facility but only allows you save while obtaining high interest on your savings.
Imperial Homes Mortgage Bank Office Address
If you would like to use any of the bank’s services, you can contact them in their offices. The head office is at 28, Saka Tinubu Street, Victoria Island, Lagos and the Abuja office is at Plot 266, FMBN Building, By Ceddi Plaza, Central Business District, Abuja.