Remita is a web based payment solution platform which enhances people to receive and make payment across divers banks. On the website, www.remita.net, you can carry out divers transactions from the comfort of your home, office even on the street without having to visit the bank.
Remita is a web based multi bank platform designed to issue and complete e-Payments. Today, over 20 commercial banks with more than 400 microfinance banks are in partnership with remita. Remita is used by both individual and corporate bodies (public and private). On a monthly basis, remita processes over 500 billion naira. The banks in partnership with remita includes; Access Bank, Afribank, Diamond Bank, Ecobank Plc, FCMB, First Bank, Fidelity Bank, GTBank, Skye Bank, Union Bank Wema Bank, Zenith Bank.
How To Use Remita
With remita, you can receive and make payment in Nigeria at the comfort of your device as long as it is internet enabled. You may also request for the remita card which you can use across ATM machines. The remita cards can be picked up at any of the partner banks listed above. Corporate organizations can also use this platform for their payroll and HR processes. This means payment of salaries can be orchestrated from the platform.
For you to use the Remita platform, you are required to register first on the platform. You can either register a personal account or a corporate account. Below is the guide to register on the platform.
- Log on to https://login.remita.net/remita/compreg.reg
- Select the type of account you want to open either personal or corporate account. After you have selected type, click on submit.
- Fill the form that it will bring to you. For personal account, it will request email and mobile number. Click on submit after filling it.
- It will then bring a comprehensive bio data form that will include your bank details. Fields with red star are important. After filling the form, hit the submit button. A successful completion means that you now have a remita account.
How To Make Payment With Remita
Let’s see how to use remita to make payment using payment to a Government agency for annual license fee as an example. See the step by step guide below;
- Log on to www.remita.net
- Click on “Pay A Federal Government Agency Bill”
- Input the beneficiary name, that is the name of the agency you want to pay to.
- Choose the name of the service and the purpose of payment.
- Input the description of the payment, that is you explain why you’re paying.
- Input the amount you want to pay.
- Input your name as payer’s name. Please write it in full.
- Input payer’s email address as your email address.
- Input your mobile number.
- Complete the security check and confirm transaction and your payment will be made in seconds.
With this, remita serves both individuals and corporate bodies and relieves stress of moving from one bank to the other or ques in the bank.