The ABU Zaria school of postgraduate studies was established in the year 1980 to help the institution reach a higher degree of emphasis and coordination in its postgraduate training and research. The Ahmadu Bello University has been saddled with the task of producing qualified manpower for other tertiary Institutions. Consequently, more emphasis is placed on postgraduate studies.
The school is also saddled with the responsibility of assisting departments upgrade its training programmes to guarantee the availability of a qualified workforce for the University, other Universities, institutions of higher learning, public corporations, the private sector, and parastatals, federal and state governments.
The ABU Zaria postgraduate admission form for 2018/2019 academic session has been released. That means the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (ABU) is postgraduate forms for admission into her postgraduate programmes is currently on sale.
The University invites applications from suitably QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FOR ADMISSION INTO its Postgraduate programmes (Postgraduate Diploma (PGD), Masters and Doctorate) of the School for the 2018/2019 Academic Session.
All the applicants for Postgraduate studies must possess the routine undergraduate requirements of a minimum of five O’ level credits or a combination of O’ level credits and A ‘level qualifications in courses related to field of study (results gotten in not more than 2 sittings) such as IJMB, HND, HSC, NCE, etc, including a credit in O’ level English Language and Mathematics (where required).
- Every HND holder (minimum of an Upper Credit) or equivalent is usually not qualified for Masters Admission unless he/she has acquired an additional qualification like a PGD in the same or related field he/she desires to be admitted.
- Applicants having a 3rd class Degree can be considered for admission, provided they possess additional necessary qualifications like a PGD and/or post-graduation work experience (at least 5 years) that is accepted by the University.
- Candidates with HND lower than an Upper Credit or candidate with a pass degree are not qualified for postgraduate studies in ABU.
- PhD applicants must possess a Master degree having a research thesis component (not project). Applicants with a CGPA score of less than 3.5 are not qualified.
- If the PhD candidate is judged to be deficient, but possesses a professional Master’s degree or Masters without a Thesis component, he/she maybe considered for an M.Phil.
- Candidates with a minimum CGPA of a 3.5 at the end of the M.Phil. programme shall advance with the relevant PhD study.
- Candidates for the PhD programmes are expected to liaise with the relevant departments/programmes prior to selection of their proposed research areas to ascertain the department’s capability to host their proposed study.
- Should a Master or PhD student be incapable of completing his/her study within the stipulated time, such a student shall be awarded the relevant PGD or M.Phil. respectively (where applicable).
Method Of Application
- All Interested and qualified candidates should login to https://spgs.abu.edu.ng/forms/ to create an account and obtain a unique Transaction ID which will be used to purchase the application form.
- The price of the PG application forms is =N=10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira) only, in addition to a service charge by the Bank.
- For Some Programmes of study, applicants will be required to write Entrance Examinations. The dates, venues and times of these examinations shall be announced in due course.
ABU postgraduate admission application closes 16th February, 2019.