The management, in conjunction with the Admissions unit of the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria, invites applications from credibly QUALIFIED Applicants FOR ADMISSION INTO its Postgraduate programmes ahead of the 2018/2019 Academic Session.
Every Candidate for Postgraduate studies must possess the normal undergraduate requirements of a minimum of five relevant O’ level credits or a combination of relevant O’ level credits and A ‘level qualifications (results gotten in not more than 2 sittings) such as IJMB, HND, HSC, NCE, etc. These must include a credit in O’ level English Language and Mathematics (where required).
- Every HND holder (minimum of an Upper Credit) or equivalent is usually not qualified for Masters Admission unless he/she has acquired an additional qualification like a PGD in the same or related field he/she desires to be admitted.
- Candidates possessing a 3rd class Degree can be considered for admission, on condition that they possess additional necessary qualifications like a PGD and/or post-graduation work experience (at least 5 years) acceptable by the University.
- HND (lower than an Upper Credit) or holders of pass degree are not eligible for postgraduate studies in ABU.
- PhD candidates must possess a Master degree with a research thesis component (not project). Applicants with a CGPA score of less than 3.5 are not eligible.
- In cases where the PhD candidate is judged to be deficient, but possesses a professional Master’s degree or Masters without a Thesis component, he/she maybe considered for an M.Phil.
- Candidates who have attained a minimum CGPA of a 3.5 at the end of the M.Phil. programme shall be advanced to proceed with the relevant PhD study.
- Candidates for the PhD programmes are expected to liaise with the relevant departments/programmes prior to selection of their proposed research areas to ascertain the department’s capability to host their proposed study.
- If a Master or PhD student is incapable of completing his/her study within the stipulated time, that student shall be awarded the relevant PGD or M.Phil. respectively (where applicable).
READ ALSO- How To Check Sokoto State University Admission List, Requirements And All You Need To Know
Method Of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should login to https://spgs.abu.edu.ng/forms/ to create an account and obtain a unique Transaction ID which will be used to purchase the application form.
PG application forms cost =N=10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira) only, in addition to a service charge by the Bank.
For Some Programmes, candidates will be required to write Entrance Examinations. The dates, venues and times of these examinations shall be announced in due course.
ABU postgraduate admission application closes 16th February, 2019.
The ABU Zaria school of postgraduate studies was founded in 1980 to enable the school attain a higher degree of emphasis and coordination in its postgraduate training and research. The school is also saddled with the task of assisting departments improve its training programmes to guarantee qualified workforce for the University, other Universities and institutions of higher learning, the private sector, public corporations and parastatals, federal and state governments.
The Ahmadu Bello University has been charged with the responsibility of producing the needed manpower for other tertiary Institutions. Consequently, more emphasis is placed on postgraduate studies.