NOUN, which means the national open university of Nigeria, happens to be the only Nigerian university that offer students the opportunity to study and work. In 2003, the institution started their postgraduate programme which they started offering a diploma certificate.
Here are the National Open University of Nigeria courses they offer for your Post-Graduate Diploma programmes which you can choose from.
List Of Faculties And Departments
The Faculty Of Agricultural Sciences
- Agricultural Extension and Management
The Faculty of Arts
- Christian Religious Studies
The Faculty of Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education
The Faculty Of Management Sciences
- Business Administration
- Public Administration (Management Sciences)
The Faculty Of Sciences
- Information Technology
The Faculty Of Social Sciences
- Mass Communication
- Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution
- Criminology and Security Studies
THE POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
All applicants seeking admission must possess either Bachelor Degree Certificates or its equivalent from any institutions that is recognised by the Senate of NOUN; or
- The holders of HND with a minimum of Lower Credit from any institutions recognised by the Senate of NOUN.
- The candidates seeking admission into the School of Law must have a minimum of L.L.B degree.
- The candidate seeking admission for PGD in Agricultural Extension and Management are expected to possess a Bachelor’s degree with at least 3rd class division. For candidates that have a pass degree and at least 3 years related experience may also be accepted. For all HND holders in Agric Science or other related disciplines may be admitted.
FOR MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- You need a first degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower from a University that is recognised by the Senate of NOUN in a related field or study.
- You need a postgraduate diploma in a related field from a University that is recognised by Senate.
- You will be expected to have a good honours degree in Education (Languages, Arts, Social Sciences, Sciences, and Vocational and Technical subjects) from any University that is recognized by the Senate of NOUN.
FOR DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (PH.D) PROGRAMMES
- The applicants for the Doctor of Philosophy degree programmes are expected to possess a master’s degree in relevant fields of study from a University that is recognised by the Senate of the NOUN with a minimum score (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5-point scale.
- Also note that candidates for Ph.D Programmes will be invited for an interactive session before an offer of admission is given.
- All applicants are advised to forward their academic transcripts and three (3) referees report, and 2 must be from persons who knows their academic work, to the Dean of Postgraduate School from which the admission is been requested.
The NOUN Postgraduate School Fees
To make payment for your postgraduate programme, here are the detailed breakdown of all associated fees for new postgraduate students:
- The Registration fee is ₦6,000
- The Caution deposit is ₦3,500
- The Orientation fee is ₦1,500
- The Matriculation fee is ₦1,500
- The ID card is ₦500
- The Library fee is ₦3,000
- The ICT Administrative Charge is ₦5,000
- The E-Facilitation is ₦4,000
- The Result Verification is ₦10,000.
Please note that, new NOUN postgraduate students will have to pay the sum of ₦35,000 as total fees, while returning students will only have to pay the library fees and registration fees, as well as ICT Administrative Charge and E-Facilitation, meaning that the grand total for them will be ₦18,000.
Also note that apart from that, you will be expected to pay the ₦25,000 project fee and the ₦2,000 per course for your exams.