University of Jos popularly called UniJos is a tertiary institution owned and operated by the Federal government. It is located in Jos, the capital of Plateau State. UniJos started as a satellite campus of the University of Ibadan (UI) in November 1971.
The university began academic operations on January 1972 and finally became an independent institution on October 1975. UniJos has over twelve faculties comprising of more than fifty eight departments. The Postgraduate program was added in 1977 and has developed to become a major research hub in North Central Nigeria.
UniJos Postgraduate school offers a diverse range of graduate programs of high quality and also seeks to provide comprehensive support services to promote research and development to the Nation at large.
General Admission Requirements
- Applicants must possess at least five credit passes including Maths and English Language at O’level in not more than two sittings.
- Applicants seeking admission into Masters programme must hold a good first degree in a relevant discipline similar to the programme into which admission is sought for not lower than a Second Class lower division from UniJos or any other university recognized by the senate of UniJos.
- Applicants seeking admission into Masters programmes but with a first degree of Third Class or HND must also possess a Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) before they can be admitted into the Masters programme.
- Applicants seeking admission into M.Phil/Ph.D programme must possess a Masters degree in the relevant discipline of CGPA 3.50 in the Masters Final assessment and 60% and above in the Research project.
UniJos Postgraduate Application Process
- Visit the official website at mis.unijos.edu.ng then scroll down to select Application forms.
- Click “Create Account” then create an account using a valid email address and phone no. Kindly Log into your email to verify the account created and generate a unique Application Form number.
- Visit the remita website at www.remita.net to pay for the Application form.
- Click “Pay a Federal Government Agency” then type University of Jos as the name of MDA.
- Select “PG Application Form” then fill other details to generate and note the payment reference number (RRR). Then take the RRR invoice to any commercial bank to pay the sum of #15,000 for the Application Form.
- Go back to the website mis.unijos.edu.ng then scroll down to select Application Forms. Click “Continue Registration” and login with your email and password in order to continue filling out the Application form online.
- Fill the fields correctly and save each field. Remember to upload required credentials and certificates in PDF format
- Click “Complete Application” to submit the application
- Download and print the Transcript Request Form for your transcripts. Address the hard copy of the transcript to the department of your choice.
- Request your Referees send the Referee Form electronically via email.
How to Check UniJos Postgraduate Admission Status
- Visit the website at mis.unijos.edu.ng
- Enter your Form Number/Firstname/Lastname
- Click the green button “Admission Status”
UniJos Postgraduate School Fees Schedule
- Acceptance Fee #25,000
- School Fees #115,000
- Departmental Fees #10,000
- Medical Fees #4000
- Total. #154,000.