Bayero University, Kano is located on Kano-Gwarzo Road, Kano. It was founded in 1977 as Bayero University College. However, it became Bayero University in 1977 instead of the erstwhile College status. Prior to this time, the Bayero University College was Ahmadu Bello College in honour of the then Premier of Northern Nigeria, Sir Ahmadu Bello. The University has 13 Faculties and offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
The University has a long record of high standard resulting in high level manpower churned out of the school every year. This is why people who live around the north crave getting their University education in Bayero University. It is fondly called BUK by the students and other people who live around the school. If you have choose this school, you might want to check whether you have been admitted.
The prestigious University has released its admission list for the 2018/2019 academic session. Those who sat for the Post Utme screening exercise can now check if they were offered provisional admission.
How To Check Your BUK Admission Status On Jamb Portal
Candidates who took the BUK Post Utme examination can follow the procedure below to check their admission status on the Jamb portal:
- Login to the Jamb website with your Jamb registration number and examination year.
- Navigate to click on CAPS.
- Your admission status will pop up on the screen.
- If your status shows “not admitted”, then you should keep checking as the portal is updated regularly.
- The University will publish the Admission list in batches on their website. You should keep checking this as well.
- Now, you can pay your acceptance fee and begin your registration if you have been offered provisional admission.
So, You Have Been Offered Admission
If you have been offered provisional admission, here are steps to help you get ready for school.
- Proceed to pay acceptance fee. Failure to do this means that you have rejected the admission
- Check out what the school fees for your chosen case
- Put your documents together, both original and photocopies
- Proceed to the school when it is time for the clearance and registration
- Follow all the rules and regulations stipulated by the school.
BUK Registration Procedure
Here are a few things that you will need to do during the registration:
- You must update your profile. Make sure you input a valid and reachable phone number and email. The payment platform is personalized using this information.
- Generate and print your Student Information Form (SIF)
- Generate and print your Personalized Payment Form (BUKPPF). Your fees are reflected on it.
Now, you can go on to pay your fees.
Note that the admission list will be updated on the University’s website soon. Keep checking the website so that you do not miss out.
There you are on all you need to know about BUK admissible. Hurry up to check your status and Congratulations to all those who were offered provisional admission into this prestigious university!