Ecobank Nigeria started operations in Nigeria in the year 1986. Although it was first established as Ecobank Transnational Incorporated (ETI) as a bank holding company in 1985 under a private sector initiative spearheaded by the Federation of West African Chambers of Commerce and Industry with the support of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
Today, it is the leading pan-African bank with operations in 36 countries in Africa. Ecobank has branches in Nigeria and other African countries like Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo Brazzaville, Democratic Republic of Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, The Gambia, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. It is also licensed for operations in Paris with representative offices in Beijing, Dubai, Johannesburg, London and Luanda.
In order to make banking transactions easier for their Subscribers, Ecobank created an Internet Banking platform that enables customers to perform banking transactions easier.
Ecobank Internet Banking: How To Get Started
Before you’ll be able to use Ecobank’s internet banking feature as a new user, you first have to request for Internet Login details, which is your Unique I.D and password. To do that you can either start the application online by:
- Going to http://www.ecobank.com/e_products.aspx
- Select the country you are in e.g Nigeria from the drop down and select what you’d like to do which is “Activate an Ecobank Product”.
- On the next page select ” Internet Banking “.
- Select the State in Nigeria in which you hold an Ecobank account and enter your account number in the field provided.
- Select the branch that in your state that you use. However, if you’re not sure don’t select anything.
NB: input in the appropriate field i.e if you’re using a savings account enter your account number in the savings account field and or if you’re using a current account, also enter it in the current account field.
6. On the next page, enter your personal details
7. On the next page you’ll be required to enter your contact details
8. Download and print the request form.
9. Take it to your Ecobank Account branch and submit
10. Your Internet Login details would be sent to your mail.
If you aren’t too comfortable with the above method, you can just simply visit your Ecobank Account branch to request for it and fill the request form. The details would be sent to your email once it is ready.
How To Login:
- Goto https://ibank.ecobank.com
- Enter your Unique ID (the one sent to your mail).
- Enter your Unique Password (the one also sent to your mail).
- Confirm your secure image and message.
How To Transfer Fund
- Login into your Internet Banking Account.
- Select “In-Country Transfer”.
- Select which of your Ecobank Account(s) that you’ll like to transfer funds from.
- Fill the account details of the person you’re transferring to appropriately to avoid any mistakes.
- Enter the amount you wish to transfer.
- Complete a few more details and recheck the details of the transaction and confirm.
How To Check Your Account Balance
- Login into your internet banking account.
- Select “Account Summary” from the tab.
- The summary of your account balance would be displayed to you immediately.
- You can also check your account balance in another currency, just select from the drop down Menu.
- To get a more detailed information of your account balance, click on the account name.
How To Reset Your Unique Password
- Goto https://ibank.ecobank.com
- Click on forgot password.
- Enter your Unique ID.
- Answer some of the few security questions.
- Once confirmed, a new unique password would be sent to your mail.