The world is filled with lots of electronic payment options. There are several payment platforms that can be linked to financial institution. And there are those that issue debit or credit cards that can be used at the automated teller machines (ATM). Google wallet is one of the online payment platform with a difference.
What is Google Wallet?
Google wallet is a secure, fast and free way of sending and receiving money. With Google wallet, you can send and receive money as long as you have a Gmail account or phone number linked to a Gmail account associated with a debit or credit card. The transaction can be done either via the Google wallet app, Gmail or on the web page wallet.google.com
How Google Wallet Works
The Google wallet can be used to send and receive money for free without any extra charges. One can send money from Google wallet app, Gmail or wallet.google.com after a successful sign up. You will be required to link a bank account, debit or credit card.
If you have a bank account linked, it will take about 3 days to receive money sent to you. If you have a debit card linked, it will take few minutes or at most 24hrs to receive money sent to you. And if you were sent money via Gmail and you don’t have a Google wallet account, you will be sent a link by which you can withdraw your money into a bank account or debit card.
Google wallet supports a number payment options such as Google Prepaid Card, Visa, Citi Master Card, American Express as well as Discover. You may simply obtain any of these cards via Google Wallet partner banks and then fund it.
How To Set Up Google Wallet Account
Before you will be able to set up a Google wallet account, you need to have Gmail account and a bank account or debit card. Once you have this, you may proceed to open a Google wallet account through the steps below:
1. Log on to www.wallet.google.com
2. Create an account with your Gmail
3. Login into your account and link your credit or debit card with the wallet. Then your account is ready for use.
You can as well download the Google wallet app through the Google play store for free. Launch the app and sign in with your Gmail.
How To Send Money With Google Wallet
1. Launch either the Google wallet app or log on to wallet.google.com
2. Login with your Gmail
3. Navigate and click on the compose tab
4. Input the recipient’s Gmail
5. Input your message. (This is optional)
6. Navigate and click on the currency icon
7. Input the amount you want to send.
8. Check through the message and if its OK, click on send.
How To Receive Money On Google Wallet
1. Log into your Gmail account
2. Open the message alerting you of the money received
3. Navigate and click on claim
4. Verify your identity with Google Wallet
5. Receive money into your account or debit card.
With this information, you can set up and use your Google wallet account. Kindly tell us how you feel with this payment solution in the comment box below.