Kwara State University (KWASU) was established in 2009 and was designed to be a center for community service and entrepreneurship. The university was formerly Kwara State Polytechnic before it was converted into a university in 2002. KWASU has three campuses: The main campus is located at Malete Ilorin and is the home for the College of Pure and Applied Sciences, College of Information and Communication Technology and the College of Education, A mini campus is located at Osi in Ekiti Local Government and is the home of the College of Engineering, College of Humanities, Management and Social sciences and another Mini campus at Baruba in Bruten Local government which will be the home of the College of Agriculture and Veterinary Sciences.
KWASU Postgraduate Programme Duration
- Masters degree (M.A/M.Sc/MBA) This runs for a period of two academic sessions. Minimum of four semesters and maximum of six semesters for full time mode and a minimum of six semesters and maximum of eight semesters for part time mode.
- PhD progrmme. This programme is divided into coursework for the first academic session and then research for the rest of the programme. It is a full time programme and candidates with less than 3.0 CGPA in the first year will not be allowed ro proceed to rhe second stage. It runs for a minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education. This programme is full time and runs for a minimum of three semesters and maximum of five semesters.
- Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree from KWASU or any other recognized university with a certificate not less than a Second class lower division. HND holders and holders of Third class degree must possess in addition to Bachelor’s degree Postgraduate Diploma certificate before they can be considered for admission into the masters programme.
- Ph.D applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree not less than a Second Class lower division and a Masters degree from KWASU or any other recognized university with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 or 60%. Applicants with less than 3.50 or 60% but not lower than 50% will be recommended for admission and are expected to score a minimum of 60% in each course before they can be admitted into the Ph.D programme.
- Applicants wishing to apply for admission into the Postgraduate Diploma programme must possess a first degree not less than a Third Class or HND upper credit.
KWASU Postgraduate Application Process
- Visit the official KWASU postgraduate portal at www.kwasu.edu.ng/pgportal.
- Click on the button “Apply now” and select your preferred progamme choice (MBA Executive/PG Regular)
- Fill the form correctly then click on the “Continue” button.
- Pay the application fee of #20,000 for the form at the bank or online.
Check Admission Status At KWASU
- Log into the portal at http://kwasu.edu.ng/pgportal/
- Enter your application number and surname in the fields provided.
- Click the button “Continue”
How To Register Courses And Pay School Fees On KWASU PG Portal
- Log into the portal by entering your application number as username and password
- Click on “Payment and Registration”
- Click on “Course Registration”, you will be prompted to pay for students handbook and library clearance fees
- Pay all fees online using a debit or credit card.