GOtv and DsTv are cable tvs or decoders owned by Multichoice Afrcica. GOtv is referred to as the home of African television because it is committed to providing the greatest selection of local channels made for Africans in Africa. The difference between GOtv and DStv is that while DStv requires a dish GOtv needs no dish.
Activating Your New GOtv Decoder Via SMS
Note that you can only activate your decoder if you are a new customer and you have already bought and installed the decoder. Outlined below are the steps described:
- Enter your details such as Surname, IUC number (Located on the red sticker under your decoder) and mobile nono.
- Text “Reset” and your GOtv account number to 4688. The GOtv account number is located under the GOtv decoder.
How To Carryout Activation On GOtv Online
- Visit the website on EazyGOtv
- Log into your GOtv account with your account number and surname.
- Select and click “Clear error code” on the dialogue box
- Clear the E16 error
- Click on “Reset device now” buttin and reset the decoder
How To Carryout Gotv Activation Using Your Phone Via USSD
1.You would begin by Dialing *423# on your mobile device with any of the available networks to speak with any GOtv customer service representative. You can also call the customer care line at 08039044688 to speak with an agent
How To Activate Through The Eazy Self Service
- Visit the eazy self service site at http://eazy.gotvafrica.com
- Click on the link “Activate”
- Select your state
- Enter your surname(the one used in purchasing the decoder), IUC number (it can be found on a red sticker under your decoder) and phone no
- Click on “Activate”
How To Check Your Activation Status/Account Information
- Type your IUC number in the fields provided then click the button “Check Activation status”.
- To check your account information, simply text “Balance” leave a space followed by the IUC number then send to 4688.
- You can also check your GOtv balance online
– Log onto http://eazy.gotvafrica.com
– Click on the menu icon and select “Eazy self service” from the list of items in the menu
– Navigate and click on “My account”
– Signin with your IUC no and phone no
– Your account balance and information will be displayed.
How To Activate DsTv After Subscription
- Send your SmartCard no with the code “RA” to the DsTv self care no. The self care no for Nigeria is 30330.
- You can also activate or reset via the eazy self service,
Visit the website at www.eazy.dstv.com and select your country-Nigeria in order to log into the DsTv Nigeria website
Create an account using your surname or mobile no and your Smartcard no
Click on “Fix Errors”
Enter your Smart card no in the dialogue box
Click on the “E16” error option
Enter the text shown in the Captcha box.
Click on “Fix errors”.
The arror will be fixed and you can start enjoying.
- You can also visit any of their office address in person to complain
– Lagos Office. Plot 1381 Tiamiyu Savage Street, Victoria Island Lagos
– Abuja Office. Legion House, 3 Kaura Namoda street, Area 3 Garki
How To Check DStv Balance/ Check Account Information
- SMS method: Text ” Bal” leave a space then type your 10-digit DStv SmartCard number and send to 30333.
- Via the App: Launch the app on your device then sign in with your DStv smartcard no and phone no. Navigate to the menu link and click on “Account” and your account information will be displayed.
- Via the Website. Log onto http://eazy.dstv.com. Sign with your Smartcard no and phone no then click on “Activate” and your account will be displayed.