Obafemi Awolowo University is a first generation University located in Ile-Ife, Osun State and founded in 1961. The University has a total of thirteen faculties, two colleges and a centre for distance learning offering both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes and some part time programmes. The University has built a reputation as a citadel of academic success and is one of the most highly recommended schools in Nigeria.
At the Centre for Distance Learning, prospective students can take a degree in nursing without having to be physically present at the school. We have written this article to help you with all you need to know about the OAU Online Nursing Programme.
Eligibility For Admission
To be eligible to enter for the OAU Online School of Nursing like the physical school, you must possess the following requirements.
1.You must be a registered nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria
- You must have at least five credits at the O’level WAEC or GCE at not more than two sittings. The relevant subjects are English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
How to Apply
Make sure that you have gone through the list of programmes available at the OAU online School of Nursing and have chosen one that best suits your career needs. Make sure also that you are eligible to apply. To register:
- Go to the online school of nursing application portal and create an account
- Your application fees will be assessed based on the programme you have chosen. Pay the stipulated fees at any UBA, First Bank or Skye Bank branch through eTranzact.
- Alternatively, make your payments on the portal using your ATM card and by providing your ATM card details.
- After payment, return to the portal and fill the application form correctly
- Confirm your entries and submit your application
Time Frame for Your Studies
The OAU School of Nursing will take you five academic sessions to complete whether you are taking it online or at the study centre.
How To Pay School Fees
To pay your school fees:
- Visit the distance learning portal at eportal.oaucdl.edu.ng
- Click on Fees menu
- Click on ‘Pay All’ or ‘Pay Instalment’ depending on how you want to pay. Instalment refers to the present semester
- Click on ‘Pay Fees’
- Pay with your ATM card or generate RRR and proceed to the bank
- Click on ‘Print Receipt’ and download and print your school fees receipt.
You will be invited for both oral and written interview