The IMO State University, IMSU was established in the year 1981 with her motto as “Excellence in service”. The first students to be admitted into the university numbered three hundred and ninety two (392) on the 23rd of October, 1981. The university has experience growth with its number of students now counted in thousands.
The Vice Chancellor of the university is in person of Victoria Adaobi Obasi.
Admission Requirements For The IMO State University Direct Entry Applicants
- Every candidate must have a minimum of five (5) credit passes in the relevant O’level subject combination to their choice of course which includes both Mathematics and English.
- Every candidate must have chosen the Imo State University as their first choice in the Direct Entry application.
- Every candidate must have a score of 180 and above in the examination.
How To Register For The Direct Entry At IMO State University
- Log on to the school’s website at imsu.edu.ng to begin your registration.
- Find the tab ‘Prospective Students’ and click on it.
- On the next page, go to the Academic Screening Application and click on the ‘Click here to apply’ tab.
- Input your JAMB UTME registration number in the space provided for it.
- Hit the ‘Submit’ tab. This will lead you to where you will generate a payment invoice. Generate the invoice.
- Go to any of the approved banks to pay for the application form. Do not forget to take the generated invoice along with you.
- Go back to the school site and enter your JAMB registration number again following the previous steps.
- Input your e-tranzact payment confirmation pin obtained from the bank after payment in the space provided for it on the page.
- Now, begin to fill your application form that will pop up on the next page.
- Make sure you enter all your details correctly.
- Submit your online form by clicking the ‘Submit’ tab when you are done filling the form.
- Print your acknowledgement slip and keep it for reference purpose.
*After completing your registration, you will have to wait for further information from the school.
*Make sure the phone number and email address you entered are correct as you would be kept informed through this medium.
*Also, be sure that all other details are correctly, carefully and completely filled, as any mistake could cost you your admission.
*Failure to click on submit after filling your form online means you have not yet registered at all. Be sure you submitted.
*Register early to prevent network issues.
*The application form fee is two thousand naira only (NGN2,000).
*The approved banks include:
Zenith Bank, FCMB, UBA, First Bank, Imo State Micro Finance Bank, IMSU Microfinance Bank.
After following this process, you would have successfully registered. All that is left is for you to wait for the screening exercise and go to the venue on the issued date with your acknowledgement slip and receipt.