The Kwara State Polytechnic was established in 1973 by Col. David Bamigboye, under his military government in the state. The decision of establishing a polytechnic in Kwara state was first announced in 1971, three years before it was established.
The polytechnic is located in Ilorin, the capital of Kwara state. At inception, the Kwara state polytechnic started with only one hundred and ten students and the number of students has increased rapidly and massively over the years.
The Kwara State Polytechnic offers both the National Diploma programme and the Higher National Diploma in both part time and full time schedule.
Higher National Diploma Requirements For Kwara State Polytechnic
Before any candidate can be qualified for admission in the Kwara state poly for the Higher National Diploma programme, he or she must have met the requirements for the program which are discussed below.
- He or she must have at least five credit passes in the relevant O’level subject. This passes must be obtained in not more than two sitting.
- He or she must have at least a year of supervised Industrial Training.
- In some cases, candidate with twenty four month post National Diploma working experience and a pass grade would be considered for admission in some department.
- He or she must possess a minimum of lower credit CGPA of 2.50 in the National Diploma programme that has been done previously.
- You would be required to provide your transcript for the National Diploma you did, especially if you are a candidate from another institution.
In addition to this requirements, candidate are expected to also have the National Diploma requirements which says that;
- Candidate must have had a score of one hundred and fifty in the Jamb Utme examination as at the time of entering into the National Diploma program.
- Candidate must have at least five O’level credit passes in the SSCE examination or its equivalent at not more than two sitting, which include passes in English Language and Mathematics.
How To Apply For The Higher National Diploma At Kwara Poly
- All interested candidate are advised to visit the school site kwarapolyportal.org/applogin.php
- Log in to the portal with your login details as displayed on your screen.
- You will be asked to pay the sum of two thousand (2000) naira only, to buy the online application form. Payment is non refundable and it is done online using your debit card.
- After payment, complete the application form and submit.
- Make necessary print out that would be needed during your screening exercise.
Important Note For Interested Candidate
- Candidate must make sure that all information uploaded to the school site are correct.
- Candidate must make sure they are present for the screening exercise or they will be disqualified for the admission process.
- Candidate would be admitted once they pass the screening exercise.
- Candidate should be informed that the screening exercise would be a computer based test.
- Once admitted, candidate should go to the school for clearance.