MoneyGram International Inc. is a money transfer company founded in 1940 in the United States with her headquarters in Dallas, Texas. It is a public financial service company with operation center in St. Louis Park, Minnesota and several other regional and local offices across the globe.
The MoneyGram mode of business can be categorized into two which include the Global Funds Transfers and the Financial Paper Products. The company collaborates with both individuals and businesses via the network of thousands of agents and financial institutions across the globe.
MoneyGram is currently operating in over 200 countries in the world and has over 347,000 agent offices globally. MoneyGram has grown so much that its the second largest money transfer company in the world. MoneyGram products include Money transfers, Official check, Money orders and Bill payment services.
You can receive money from anywhere across the globe via MoneyGram. You can as well send money via MoneyGram.
How To Send Money Via MoneyGram
- Check out for an agent location close to you.
- Visit the agent location with your I.D., the amount and the full name of the recipient that matches their I.D. If you are sending to their bank account, you will need their bank account details.
- Fill the money transfer form and pay the transaction fee. It will be processed immediately.
- Endeavour to call your recipient to get them informed and to give them the reference number.
READ ALSO- Diamond Bank USSD Code: How To Use For Different Transactions And All You Need Tto Know
How To Receive Money Via MoneyGram
If the money was sent to your bank account, you don’t need to do anything to receive your cash. Just walk up to the ATM or bank and withdraw your cash.
If you want to receive the cash via MoneyGram agent, kindly follow the steps below:
- Locate MoneyGram agent close to you.
- Fill the receive form at the agent with the reference number use to send the money. Endeavour to go with a valid form of identification.
- After the agent most have verified the details, your money will be handed over to you.
How To Estimate Cost Of Money Transfer On MoneyGram
Before sending money across, you may want to find out how much it will cost you, this is possible on the MoneyGram platform, called MoneyGram estimator. To estimate your cost of transferring money from anywhere in the world to any destination, kindly follow the steps below:
- Log on to https://www.moneygram.com/wps/portal/moneygramonline/home/estimator?LC=en-GB
- Input the details regarding the money transfer which include the country you are sending money from, currency, country of destination, option and the amount.
- Verify the details and ensure its all correct. If you want the fee to be included. Tick it in the box provided.
- Navigate and click on “estimate” and it will give you a new page containing the details.
- MoneyGram was originally a subsidiary of Integrated Payment Systems Inc.
- James F. Calvano, former president of Western Union was once a CEO of MoneyGram.
- MoneyGram became publicly traded company in 2004.
- MoneyGram’s shares fell by 96% between 2007 and 2009.
- Moneygram and Wal-Mart Stores Inc. broke their relationship in 2014 which made Moneygram to start cutting cost.