The University of Ibadan School of Postgraduate Studies was established on June 28, 1976 although the first postgraduate degree of the university had been awarded in 1952 when it was still a university college.
The postgraduate school is approved by senate and postgraduate lecturers are based in the university’s departments and their contributions into the decision making processes of the postgraduate school are made through their different Deans, Postgraduate Representatives and Heads of departments who also serve as chief examiners of departmental postgraduate exams.
Criteria For Admission To UI Postgraduate School
- Candidates must possess first degree certificate from University of Ibadan or any other institution recognized by senate before being granted admission into any of the postgraduate programs
- Candidates wishing to gain admission into Master’s program must possess a university first degree not less than a Second class honours
- Candidates with recognized “Higher Research” degree in the relevant discipline may be admitted into M.Phil or Ph.D programme if recommended by the faculty postgraduate committee
- Candidates applying for admission into Ph.D programme must have obtained a Master’s degree not less than 60% or 3.5 CGPA.
READ ALSO- How To Setup And Use First Bank Cardless Withdrawal Step By Step Procedure
UI Postgraduate Types And Duration
- Full time Mode: This is granted to candidates who are either unemployed or have been released by their employers in order to go back to school. This type of programme will last for about 2 semesters for PGD, 3 semesters for Master’s and 6 semsesters for Ph.D degree respectively
- Part time Mode: This is ideal for candidates in paid employment either as academic staff members of the university. Candidates applying for part-time registration may be required to present evidence of their employment.
UI Postgraduate Application Process
- Visit the officialwebsite at pgschool.ui.edu.ng
- Generate a payment invoice to pay for the Application Form Online
- Pay the sum of N13,000 for Academic programme (Master’s,PGD, Ph.D) and N18,000 for professional (MBA) programme via the Remita platform at any of the commercial Banks listed on the payment invoce. Candidates applying for Master’s and PGD are expected tp pay an additional N3000 for test of proficiency in English Language.
- After paying for the Application form, you will be given a Confirmation order, return to the postgraduate portal to access the Application form. Fill the form correctly and submit. Upload all the necessary documents ( First degree certificate/Master’s degree or statement of result, NYSC discharge certificate and O’level result)
- Print out an Acknowledgement of Admission slip. Ensure you use a valid email address so that you can be contacted on the progress in the processing of your form.
- Ensure your Refree forms are completed online and submitted byyour refrees. Also get three recommendation letters from faculty members or others well acquinted with your academic work.
- Process and ensure that your transcript is mailed directly to the University of Ibadan Postgraduate school before the deadline.
Check Admission Status At UI Postgraduate
- Visit the pg portal at pgschool.ui.edu.ng
- Click on the Admissions link at the top of the page
- Select “Prospective Students” then enter your Registration number then click the submit button
- Your admission status will be displayed.
Please I don’t really understand this PG Diploma and Higher Degree. I am a graduate of University of UYO. I hold a bachelor’s degree in Linguistics. I want to do my masters in Speech Pathology and Audiology. Am I qualified with my B.A LINGUISTICS DEGREE. Since I am aspiring to enter into the department of Special education, Faculty of education.
Hello sir/ma. I am a graduate of federal university of agriculture abeokuta. I have my first degree in mathematics and I have second class lower. Please can I apply for my master? Please do UI consider second class lower for their master’s students?