Today in Nigeria, banks have made it easier for everyone to recharge their mobile phone with airtime from a preferred bank account they have registered with. It is good to also note that First bank Nigeria has also launched the same services for their customers.
Are you running out of cash or airtime? You can now top up airtime credit with just one dial using your first bank account and recharge MTN, GLO, AIRTEL or 9mobile airtime on your mobile phone.
But however, while other banks allow you to buy airtime recharge for yourself and other people, First bank currently only allows you to recharge your registered numbers only (That is the phone number in which you receive your bank alerts on).
Please note that if you change phone numbers, you should ensure you visit the Bank branch close to you to update / add new phone numbers to your account.
Here Is How To Recharge Airtime From Your First Bank Account Via USSD Code
For you to be able to recharge airtime through USSD code, you need to learn about it, register, and activate it. Ever since the launch of first bank mobile code, customers without access to smartphones (for mobile app) or internet have been able to recharge their phones with airtime and do other transactions easily.
It is made possible because first bank USSD code works on any phone that can make and receive calls and also across all gsm networks (mtn, glo, airtel, 9mobile) in Nigeria. The code is safer, fast and secure, and also, it works 24/7 which include public holidays and weekends.
The Requirement For Using The First Bank USSD Code
Below are the requirements you must meet to use FBN USSD code.
- You need a First Bank Account, meaning you must be an FBN Naira denominated account holder.
- You need an Alertz Number, meaning you need the phone number registered to your bank account.
- You need a Mobile Phone, any mobile device that can make and receive calls will do.
- Your ATM PIN, meaning you need your debit card 4-digit PIN for registration.
How To Activate Or Register For The First Bank USSD Code
- Just dial *894*0# with the phone number you registered with your FBN account.
- Then select your preferred debit (ATM) card from those linked to your account.
- After which enter the 4 digit PIN of the chosen debit card.
- You need to create 5-digit transaction PIN which you will need to complete each transactions you initiate on the platform.
- Once done, you have successfully activated your number for first bank mobile banking transaction.
To Recharge Airtime For Self
For self-airtime recharge means you topping up the number registered or associated (alertz number) with your first bank account.
do this, just dial *894*amount# then complete the first bank
airtime recharge with the 5-digit transaction
after few seconds, your mobile device will
with the specified amount.
For example *894*2000#
Please note that the maximum airtime recharge per day is N3,000, while minimum recharge is N50. And the service does not attract any transaction charges
To Buy Airtime For Others With First Bank Code
In case you wish to buy Airtime for other phone users with your First bank account, it’s very easy to do.
To do this, just dial the following code from the Line linked to your bank. Just dial *894*Amount*Phone Number# then complete the first bank airtime recharge with the 5-digit transaction PIN.
For example, *894*200*08068483371#
Other Method Of Airtime Recharge
- You can also recharge using internet if you go to play store and download the First bank mobile app and activate it using your ATM card to buy airtime of higher amounts.
- You can also recharge airtime with your first bank account on any ATM close to you.