In a recent move by examinations body, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) to upgrade its services to meet the fast-moving pace of today’s world, it has released its mobile application. The app is designed to assist student in speedy examination registration and the platform became necessary as a whole lot of prospective JAMB candidates would flock in one direction to the examination body’s website to get their registration done, this in turn evidently used to cause a massive drag on the website’s server as registration process during its peak period used to be cumbersome and slow even with a fast internet connection. The advent of the Official JAMB Mobile App called JAMB Registration has help to dualize the once heavy traffic on the examination body’s official website.
Sole Purpose Of The Jamb Registration Mobile App:
The JAMB Registration Mobile App is specifically designed for JAMB UTME and Direct Entry (DE) registrations. The JAMB Registration Mobile App is officially available on two mobile application platforms, namely, Android and Windows mobile application formats. Prospective candidates who wish to enjoy the smooth and easy access to getting their JAMB registration done via the App should either Visit Windows Phone Store to download the windows App Version or Visit Google Play Store to download the Android Version of the JAMB Registration App free.
With emphasis on the Android version of the JAMB Registration App (which is the same with the Windows phone version), this article will give a guide to using the App on one’s mobile phone.
Steps In Downloading And Setting Up Jamb Mobile App
- After download from either Google Play Store or Window Phone Store.
- The prospective JAMB Candidate needs a strong internet network preferably a strong 3G signal with a H+ would be of advantage as the app with open an error page once the network drops to 2G/EDGE.
- On opening, the app’s interface carries the following tabs:
- UTME REGISTRATION
- DIRECT ENTRY
- PAYMENT STATUS
- SIGN UP
- Prospective JAMB Candidates using the JAMB Registration App should take note that, before registration can be carried out using the App they should click on the ‘SIGN UP’ to register using a valid email address.
- After filling the form click ‘CONTINUE’.
- A confirmation code will at this point be sent to the user’s email, the Mobile App should open their email to retrieve the email and head back to the App to complete the registration process by inputting the confirmation into the ‘USE CONFIRMATION CODE’ tab in the ‘SIGN UP’ section.
- Thereafter can prospective candidates head to the UTME REGISTRATION tab on the App to continue with registration for JAMB by providing their login details to access the registration page.
- Worthy of note is the fact that candidates should visit any of the authorized banks to purchase their PIN to before they can complete their registration process on the mobile app.
- After prospective candidates have finished their registration via mobile app, they lastly need to visit a nearby JAMB Authorized CBT Center to finish up with the concluding part of their JAMB registration, where their finger prints will be captured alongside passport photographs.