Sterling Bank Plc (The One-Customer bank) is a commercial bank that is licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria. The bank provides services to individuals, businesses and corporations. It has about 190 branches scattered all over Nigeria. The headquarters is located at No 20, Marina Road, Lagos State. Sterling bank’s total asset has been valued in excess of 834 billion Naira.
The bank was established over 50 years ago and has evolved from an investment banking institution to a commercial bank. Sterling bank’s operations and products are wide and diverse to meet the needs of various people and groups. These operations and services can be grouped into three categories:
- Consumer Retail e.g Agent Banking for the unbanked public
- Commercial Retail e.g Agricultural investment
- Corporate e.g Power and steel.
Sterling Bank I-Invest App
The Sterling Bank I-invest is a new initiative from Sterling Bank in partnership with Parthian Partner to encourage the habit of savings and investment. The app is a mobile treasury bill investment app that was introduced to provide customers with a more secure, fast and convenient way to invest. The app will also help to provide customers with access to an array of treasury bill investment to enable them match all their investment maturities with their needs. The app is available on android and ios devices.
How To Register Or Invest In The I-invest App
Requirements: BVN number, valid phone no and email address, utility bill (PHCN/Water rate), valid means of identification (Driver’s license/ National ID card/Passport/Voter’s card), passport photograph.
- Enter into any Sterling bank branches and tell them what you want to do. You can also download the app from your mobile phone’s app store since it is available in Android and IOS. Install and launch the app then register your account with a unique username and password.
- You will be given a form to fill, you can either pay in cash at the bank or you can fund your account with the required funds via internet banking or your debit card which will later be debited from your account if your transaction is successful
- Still on the form, indicate from the list of available securities and enter the amount you want to invest. Check the “Confirm” box to confirm your transaction.
- The minimum amount you can invest is 100,000, interest accrues daily and both the principal amount invested and accrued interest will be paid into the customer’s account on maturity.
How To Withdraw From I-Invest Plan
- To withdraw your earnings, visit the bank again and collect a form which you will fill with details such as amount to withdraw, account name and account number
- Answer the secret question correctly
- In case you are using a mobile phone, login to the app, click settings and update your KYC profile
- Supply all the necessary information and answer the secret question correctly.
- The I-invest app is a first-of-its-kind investment app that provides new investors with equal opportunities to improve their portfolios through treasury bills.
- Eliminates barriers to investment like lack of education or large sums to invest as you can start small.
- Can also be used to make payment for utility services, airtime purchase and transfer of funds
- Affords new and small investors the opportunity to invest in treasury bill by pooling all their resources together thus broadening their choice of money market products.
- Safe, secure and convenient since all you need is a smartphone, internet access and a valid phone no.