The Automated Teller Machine (ATM) is a self-service machine that dispenses cash and can be used to perform several other transactions such as recharge airtime or data, transfer funds check account balance or even pay bills to merchants. Most of the transactions listed above are done by inserting a debit or credit card into the machine, however in 2014, several commercial Banks in Nigeria began to add a unique feature to their ATM.
This feature called the Cardless Withdrawal Option allows customers to withdraw cash without a debit or credit card when their card is stolen, damaged, misplaced or forgotten at home. This post will shed more light on how to set up and use the First Bank cardless withdrawal feature on any First Bank ATM across the country.
First Bank Cardless Withdrawal
The Cardless functionality feature allows transferred funds to be collected without the use of a card at any First Bank ATM (Cardless Withdrawal) terminal. It also allows deposits into any First Bank account without the use of a debit card (Cardless Cash Deposits).
The Cardless functionality is a simplified way of collecting money from ATM or POS (Point of Sale) terminal without the use of a debit or credit card.
What You Need To Use The First Bank Cardless Functionality Feature
- 12 digit Paycode which will be sent to your mobile line as a text message
- 4- digit One-time PIN (OTP)
How To Setup And Use The Cardless Withdrawal Feature
- Dial *848*Amount#
- Fill in the required details and authenticate the transaction with your PIN
- You will be asked to generate a 4-digit one-time PIN, create the PIN then press send
- You will receive a paycode through SMS or email
- Go to the nearest First Bank Cardless enabled ATM
- Enter you personal PIN and select Cardless Withdrawal
- Enter your 4-digit One time PIN and paycode
- Enter the amount and your phone number
- Wait a few minutes for your account to be verified after which your cash will be dispensed
- Receive your cash
Benefits Of The Cardless Feature
- This unique and simplified feature allows you to withdraw cash without the use of a debit or credit card
- Allows you to transfer funds simply and safely
- No need to worry about hackers hacking your bank account since the payout code is valid for only 24 hours thus it ensures that your transactions are safe and secure
- Saves the stress of worrying and rushing to get a new card if your card is damaged or misplaced
- You can transfer funds to a third party who can get the cash all without using a card.