Ekiti State University Ado- Ekiti (EKSU) is a state owned university established as Obafemi Awolowo University Ado- Ekiti on March 30 1982 by the late Chief Adekunle Ajasin who was then the governor of Ondo state. It was later changed to Ondo State University in 1985 then in November 1999, it was changed to University of Ado-Ekiti and finally September 2011, it was changed to its present name of Ekiti State University (EKSU).
EKSU is composed of about 66 departments in several faculties including a School of Postgraduate Studies, Directorate of Continuing Education, Directorate of Part-time Programme, Directorate of Sandwich Education Degree Programme, Institute of Education, Directorate of Pre-Degree Programme amongst others.
Directorate Of Pre- Degree Studies Requirements
- Candidate must possess at least five credit passes in O’level including English Language obtained in not more than two sittings.
- Candidates in sciences based courses must possess a credit pass in Mathematics and three other science subjects are compulsory.
- Candidates in social- science based courses must have a credit pass in Mathematics and two social science subjects are compulsory.
- Candidates in art based courses must have a credit pass in any three art subjects including English Language.
Available Subject Combinations In Directorate Of Pre-Degree
- Agricultural Science Chemistry/Physics/ Agric science/English
- Sciences Biology/Chemistry/Physics/English
- Arts Government/CRK/Literature in English/IRK
- Biological Sciences Biology/Chemistry/Physics
- Social Sciences – Economics/ Government/Literature in English
- Education Agricultural Science/Chemistry/Physics/English
- Biology/ Chemistry/Physics/English Language
- Government/ Literature in English/CRK/IRK/English
- Literature in English/CRS/IRS/English Language.
- Chemistry/Physics/Geography/English Language
- Mathematics/Chemistry/Physics/English Language
- Geography/Chemistry/Physics/English Language
- Economics/ Government/Geography/English Language
- Economics/English Language/Government/Mathematics
- Mathematics/Geography/Economics/English Language
- Physical Sciences Chemistry/Mathematics/Physics
- Social Sciences Economics/Government/Mathematics
How To Apply For EKiti State University Pre-Degree Programme
- Candidates should pay the sum of N11,000 using ATM card
- After payment, log into the university website at www.eksu.edu.ng or portal.eksu.ng
- Click on Pre-Degree Application and then supply all the basic information required.
- Click on the InterSwitch logo for payment and enter the information requested for validation.
- Fill the Application Form correctly and submit
- Print a copy of the form after submission and attach photocopies of all credentials to the printed copy of the form and submit at the Directorate of Pre- Degree Programmes for issuance of qualifying examination permit.
- Candidates should note that only those with examination permits issued by the Directorate will be allowed to write the Qualifying exams.. Candidates should also note that all Pre-Degree students are required to take the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Exam (UTME) and also obtain the minimum National UTME cutoff of JAMB. Only candidates successful in the internal Pre- Degree examinations conducted by the Directorate of Pre- Degree Programmes would be considered for admission into 100 level.