The Obafemi Awolowo University pre-degree programme was established with the aim of helping secondary school leavers who are seeking admission into the University but who have deficiencies that make them unable to obtain admission. Such deficiencies are in the result they are using to apply.
The pre-degree programme has helped thousands of students correct this and gain entrance for their further studies. Here is all you need to know if you want to take your pre-degree programme at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Osun State.
Qualifications And Requirements To Apply
To be eligible to apply for the pre-degree programme, you must possess a minimum of five credits in five subjects at your O’level. You can use a combination of two sittings but not more and a credit in English Language is compulsory for all candidates, a credit in Mathematics is compulsory for all science and social science candidates and a credit in Literature in English is compulsory for candidates of Law.
Pre-degree Subject Combination For OAU
There is a predetermined subject combination for all courses and this subject combination is also the required combination for the UTME examinations. A lot of students have been disqualified because of wrong subject combination.
For Biological science courses like Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy and so on, the correct subject combination is Biology, Chemistry and Physics referred to as BCP. For Physical sciences, the correct subject combination is Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics referred to as CMP or Geography, Mathematics and Physics referred to as GMP. For Social Science courses like sociology, psychology, political science and so on, the correct subject combination is Economics, Government and Mathematics referred to as EGM or Mathematics, Geography and Economics referred to as MGE.
For Arts, the correct subject combination is Government, Literature in English and Religious Studies referred to as GLR or Economics, Government and Literature in English referred to as EGL.
You must understand what is the subject combination for your intended course and register this at your pre-degree programme. You must also meet the cut off mark specified for your subject combination.
Cut-Off Mark For OAU Pre-Degree Programme
The cut off marks for each set of candidates are as follows:
- GLR – 40%
- EGL – 40%
- BCP – 40%
- CMP – 40%
- GMP – 40%
- EGM – 40%
- MGE – 40%.
Thus, you must not score less than forty per cent at your pre-degree examinations to qualify for admission into the degree programme of your choice. Also, you must take the UTME examination during the duration of your programme.
How To Register For OAU Pre-degree Programme
- Pay an application fee of fifteen thousand naira (#15000) either through the eTranzact platform at First Bank, Skye Bank or UBA branches or with your ATM card using Webpay. If you choose the former, you must check that the receipt given to you at the bank contains a receipt number and confirmation order number. Note that the Bank will deduct their charges.
- Visit the pre-degree website at www.oaucdl.edu.ng
- Click on Pre-degree Application
- Click on Apply Now to create your account Make sure that you have read the instructions carefully
- Fill the required information including a username, password and email address
- Now that you have an account on the portal, log in with your username and password
- Click on the method you will like to use in making payment as explained earlier
- Fill the application form that follows and upload a recent colored passport that is not more than 100KB. Not following the passport specifications will make it rejected.
- Submit your filled form on the portal.
Visit the website often to get the entrance examination date and prepare for a computer based assessment.