Lagos state university (LASU) is an higher educational institution owned and operated by the Lagos State government. LASU as popularly called was established in 1983 in order to advance learning and establish academic excellence. It is remarkable to note that LASU is the only state university in the former British colony.
The university offers courses at Diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate levels, it has about 35,000 students enrolled for full time programme spread across four campuses which are: The main campus located along Badagry Expressway, the faculty of Engineering and Agriculture in Epe, the medical college campus at Ikeja and the last campus located at Surulere.
- Candidates must have a minimum score of 190 and above in the UTME conducted by JAMB
- Candidates must have a minimum of five O’level credit passes with a compulsory pass in English in not more than two sittings except Medicine and Surgery candidates, who must have six credit passes in only one sitting.
- Direct entry candidates must have in addition to WASCE result, certificate or statement of result from their last institution attended. 4. Candidates will take part in the screening exercise conducted by LASU.
- Candidates must be at least 16years of age as at October 2018.
- All Direct entry candidates who wish to gain admission into 200 level must first obtain Direct entry form from JAMB online platform and also apply for the screening exercise as required by the school body.
- Candidates of Lagos state origin either into 100 or 200 level must prove their claims before the Independent indigeneship verification committee (IIVC) set up by LASU.
Online Admission Process
- Visit the website www.screening.lasu.edu.ng
- On the page, kindly Select “Make payment” option from the drop down list at the top to pay a non-refundable LASU platform access fee of #3,000 and non-refundable screening fee of #2000.
- Enter the following details: Name, email address, JAMB registration no and phone no then click proceed.
- A transaction ID to be used for payment will be displayed, copy this TRANSACTION ID then proceed to payment at http://www.quickteller.com/lasu
- Click on pay then enter your email, phone no and the transaction ID
- Enter the details of your debit card (card no, expiry date, cvv &pin)
- Click process Payment then print your payment receipt from the screen. You will receive a transaction message on your mail or no.
- Return to the website at www.screening.lasu.edu.ng and click “continue Registration” button to print your screening pin.
- Log into the LASU online screening platform at http://services.lidc.lasu.edu.ng/admission screening , select from either UTME or DE then input your JAMB registration no and the printed screening pin.
- Fill in your personal details and upload a recent colored passport photograph, Save your details then proceed
- Enter your UTME details, save the information and proceed
- Select the number of O’ level sittings then scan and upload the O’ level result save the information and proceed.
- Preview all the information supplied and certify that they are correct by clicking the “I CERTIFY” button displayed then submit by clicking the “continue” button.
- After a successful submission of your request, you will be redirected to the screening homepage where you are going to enter your JAMB registration number, then click download result to generate your screening report.
Grading Point System
UTME POINT = [UTME (400)] /8 = 50%
O-LEVEL POINT = 50%
How To Check Admission Status
- Visit the website at https://services.lidc.lasu.edu.ng/admissionscreening/
- Select your preferred option which could be UTME/DE that is Jamb or direct entry.
- Enter your JAMB registration no then click the download result button to check your admission status.