Travelling to Malta? There are thousands of Nigerians who travel to this country for different reasons. It is true that the country Malta is very popular for its beaches which are both lively and quiet. Most of their beaches are popular dive sites among many tourists, they have lagoons also which allow tourists to perform activities like snorkeling.
For more than 2 decades, tourism in the country has been on the rise which over 1.2 million tourists visit Malta every year. The country’s tourism industry is very important to their economy as it contributes to about 15% of the country’s GDP.
Here Are The General Requirement For Malta Tourist, Visitors And Business Visas
This Malta tourist, visitors or business visa requirements are similar to the other Schengen visas requirements. This requirements depend on whether you are travelling for tourism, business or visit. Below are the requirements:
- You need an International Passport: please ensure your passport is valid for six months beyond your stay in Malta and should have at least one blank page available for Maltese tourist, visit or business visa stamp.
- Have a completed Malta visa application form
- Provide two passport photographs which should be recent and it must be taken on a plain background.
- Get a letter of invitation from your host in Malta which explains the relationship between the applicant and the host.
- Get a letter from the sponsoring company on the company’s letterhead, which must introduce the applicant, and also indicate the applicant’s employment position and status in the company, and also stating the reason of the applicant’s visit to Malta (for employee applicants).
- Must provide a proof of existence of business. Also, your business license and tax reports (for employers)
- Provide a proof of Travel Arrangement and a Confirmable flight documents showing the airline and dates of travel.
- Provide a Hotel reservation proof.
- Provide a medical insurance proof. Note that your insurance should cover the entire duration of your stay. And also, note that the Malta Schengen-standard insurance cover must be capable of bearing medical bills worth 30,000 Euros.
- You must proof that you have sufficient funds which is enough to support your stay in Malta, such as a six months bank statement that must be stamped and signed by a bank official.
- Must provide a proof of social ties, such as your marriage certificate (for married) or birth certificate of children (if applicable).
How To Apply For Malta Tourist, Visitor Or Business Visa
Ensure Your Documents Are Ready
Ensure you get the Malta tourist, visit or business visa application form. After which, fill the application form completely, ensuring it is dully signed and dated with the above mentioned requirements.
Then Submit The Application At VFS
Vfs Global happens to be the authorized third-party agents in charge of Malta visa application collection. Make sure you visit any of the Vfs Global Limited’s offices in Lagos or Abuja to submit your application personally.
The Abuja Office is at 38, Lobito Crescent, Wuse II, Abuja.
Lagos Office Address which is located at Plot 110, by Admiral Ayinla road, Lekki Phase I.
- Once your application is submitted, you will need to track your application, although Vfs global would send you SMS notification when your passport is ready for collection.
- To collect your international passport booklet, you can visit the Vfs office where you submitted your application to get it. Note that if you wish to take delivery of your international passport, then you may pay for courier delivery service during submission.