Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH) Ogbomoso was established in January 1990. LAUTECH began its first academic session on October 1990 with a total of 436 students enrolled in four faculties. The name of the institution was changed from Oyo state University of Technology to what is known with now as Ladoke Akintola University of Technology after the separation of Osun state from Oyo state.
The university presently has six faculties and a college of Medicine and Surgery. The main campus is located at Ogbomoso in Oyo state and is the administrative site and home of all the faculties and postgraduate school while the teaching hospital or college of medicine and Health sciences is located at Osogbo in Osun state.
Entry Requirements Into LAUTECH
- Applicants must possess at least five credit passes in O’level exam (WASCE/NECO/GCE) in English Language, Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics at not more than two sittings.
- Applicants must choose LAUTECH as first choice of institution in UTME and score at least 180 and above
- Applicants are also required to meet any faculty and department entry requirements so as to gain admission.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years and above
- Direct entry applicants must possess a upper credit distinction in either OND or HND
- Applicants should visit the admissions website at www.admissions.lautech.edu.ng
- Applicants should pay a sum of #2,200 for online registration for the pre-admission screening exercise using inter-switch enabled debit card
- Fill and complete the application form with the appropriate information and also upload a recent digital copy of scanned passport photograph in JPEG format (Not more than 20kb and in white background)
- Submit online and print out an acknowledgement page which shows the screening exam venue.
- Applicants should go to the screening venue with the printed out acknowledgement form. Note that the use of phones or tablets is not allowed during the test.
How To Check Admission Status At LAUTECH
- Visit the LAUTECH admission status portal at http://portal.lautech.edu.ng/fresher/status/
- Enter your Registration or JAMB no in the field provided
- Click on the button “Load” to access your admission status
Registration Procedure For Admitted Students
- Applicants should visit The LAUTECH portal to create an account by clicking the “Create account” link on the general menu. They should also print out admission letter from the website
- Login to the payment page to pay the following fees through the inters witch gateway
– Acceptance fee #30,000
– School fees #120,000 (Oyo and Osun state indigenes only)
– School fees #150,000 (Other states)
-Medical fees #5000
– Student Union fee #750
- You must have an interswitch enabled debit card. Select the card type, then enter the expiry date, card pin and cvv code
- Go to the Academic Affairs unit to complete your academic verification and submit the following documents: Acceptance fee receipt, JAMB/UTME result slip, O’level result and scratch card
- Complete the Biodata form with the following information Names, Email address, contact address, Academic records and uploaded passport photograph.
- Go for medical examination at any public or general hospital and obtain medical clearance from the university’s health centre.