The Airtel 4g SIM is also called the Long Term Evolution (LTE) and it is a new advancement in this age of digital telecommunications technology. The 4g SIM allows you enjoy fast and reliable data experience with networks advanced quality like HDVideo Streaming, voice and video calls, play game online and download superfast.
Areas With Airtel 4G LTE Coverage
- Abuja- Giri, Gwagwalada,Zuba, Amac, Lugbe, City gate, Mpape,Jabi, Katampe,Wuse, Mabuchi, Gwarimpa, Maitama, Three arms zone, Utako, Garki, Asokoro, Guzape, Central Business district,Nyanaya, Apo, Lokogoma, Durumi, Karu, Jikwoyi,Orozo, Karishi, Kurudu, Jikwoyi, Karishi, Kwali and Yangoj.
- Ibadan- Agbowo, Akobo, Alakia, Apata, Basorun,Bodija, Challenge, Dugbe, Ekotedo, Elebu, Eleyele, Ikolaba, Poly Ibadan, Iwo road, Iyaganku, Jericho, Mapo hill, Molete, Odogbo, Ojoo, Oke-Ado, Ologuneru, Oluyole, Orogun, Ring road, Samonda and UI.
- Lagos- Amudo-Odofin, Festac town, Ajegunle, Ajeromi/Ifelodun, Amukoko,Olute, Ibafon, Apapa, Kirikiri, Amuwo, Tincan Island, Ijora, Badia, Eti osa, Agungi, Ajah, Badore, Banana Island, Chevron, Igbo-efon, Abule Nla,Ikoyi, Langbasa, Lekki, Oniru, Sangotedo, Lakowe, Victoria Island,Victoria Garden City, Igbojia, Eleko beach, Ibeju lekki, Orimedu, Elemoro, Bogije, Eputu town, Pan Atlantic university, Awoyaya, Lagos Island,Marina, Sabo Yaba, Idi oro, Ojo, Mushin,Coker, Surulere,Orile, Alaka, Iddo, Oyingbo,Alagomeji and Ikate
Requirements To Get the 4G LTE SIM
- First check if your phone or tablet is enabled for 4G functionality by dailing *121# then select 4G services.
- The next step is to visit the nearest Airtel office or store to get a new 4G SIM. You can also upgrade yiur current SIM to a new 4G SIM by swapping the old sim for a new one.
- Visit any nearby Airtel office or store to purchase a new 4 G SIM which will cost N200. You can also swap your current sim and upgrade to a 4G sim at the cost of N500. You will then register the SIm by filling a form writing your name, date of birth, state of origin, local government area, mother’s maiden name and home address. You also be asked to present a valid means of identification which may be Voter’s card/National ID card/International passport/Driver’s license etc.
- Insert the SIM into the phone and set your preferred network to 4G LTE. You will get a text saying you have received a 4GB trial offer for free. The offer is valid for only 7 days. After the expiration of this offer, you will get 25% data bonus when you buy any data plans of N500 or above fir the next 3 months. Note that the bonus data is usable only on Airtel 4G Network.
- To check your bonus dial *141#.
Benefits Of The Airtel 4G LTE SIM
- Superfast internet speed and downloads
- Access to super rich high definition videos and content
- High definition online games
- Access ro business applications that needs more speeds
- Multiple downloads of heavy files.
How To Activate And Use 4G LTE
- You can log into the one touch portal at onetouch.ng. You can also dial *141# or the self service menu at *121#.
- If you have an existing data plan, it will also work on your 4G SIM so no need to buy a special data plan.
- You can make voice or video calls on it.