The management of university of Lagos are inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates into its School of Foundation Studies for the 2019/2020 Academic year. The programme and examination will be administered by the Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB), and all successful candidates will be eligible for consideration for Direct Entry admission into the 200 Level of the Degree Programmes of the University through JAMB (Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board), or also gain admission into other affiliated universities in Nigeria and oversea. Also note that for now, the programme does not currently have facilities for the visually impaired and it’s strictly a non-residential programme.
THE FOUNDATION ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must have a minimum of FIVE credit passes in English Language, Mathematics and three other relevant subjects which must be obtained at one sitting at the WASSC, SSCE, GCE ‘o’ Level, and NECO. Candidates should note that all results must be obtained before registration.
READ ALSO- CIBC Online Banking: How To Download The App, Requirements And Transactions You Can Perform
How To Apply For The Foundation Programme
- All applicants should visit the School of Foundation Studies application site located at www.unilag.edu.ng
- after then, on the prospective student’s menu, you can click on the School of Foundation Studies
- Ensure you go through the information on subject combinations that are relevant to your proposed choice of course of study for Direct Entry admission. And please note that changes have been made on the previous combinations.
- Candidates should Complete the Pre-Application Form to get a payment reference number (PRN) using their name.
- Next, go and make payment at any Commercial bank in Nigeria with the payment reference number (PRN) you have.
- The cost of the Application Form and including online practice tests (excluding Bank Charges)) is the sum of N25, 000.00 (it’s non-refundable).
- After making payment, return to the applications site at www.unilag.edu.ng
- Then log in with the PRN as your username and applicant’s surname in lowercase as password.
- Then complete the application form and also print two copies for yourself.
- The Examination pass will be available online a week before the examination date. You should also print a copy and bring to the examination venue.
- Candidates should note that the mode of Examination is Computer-Based Testing and all Questions are Multiple Choice.
- Please all candidates are to report to designated venues according to the schedule on the Examination Pass given at least two hours before the scheduled Examination time.
All About The Foundation Entrance Exam And How To Get Prepared
Please note that the foundation programme entrance examination is a Computer Best Test (CBT), and all the questions in the exam are based on ‘o’ level syllabus which are not difficult. However, candidates are encouraged to get the foundation examination past question and answers pack on the campus to practice with. Some of the pack comes in Hard copy and Softcopy. You can either get the soft copy via email, or you can pick up the Hard copy from vendors around the campus for a little fee.