Ahmadu Bello University is a federal government research and learning university in Zaria, Kaduna State. It was founded on October 4,1962 and was then called the University of Northern Nigeria before it was renamed after Alhaji Sir Ahmadu Bello who was the first premier of Northern Nigeria and also the Sardauna of Sokoto. The university operates two campuses.
The main campus located at Samaru which houses the administrative offices and the faculties of life sciences, physical sciences, Natural sciences, social sciences, arts and languages, education, environmental design, medical sciences, agricultural sciences and the faculty of engineering and the research facilities. The mini campus located at Kongo is home to the faculty of law and administration. ABU awards a wide variety of post secondary, undergraduate, graduate and associate degrees. It also offers vocational and remedial programmes.
Ahmadu Bello University School of Postgraduate studies was established in 1980 to enable the university achieve a higher degree of emphasis and coordination in its postgraduate training research. The postgraduate school is reputed to be one of the best in Nigeria.
- All applicants must have at least five O’level credit passes in relevant subjects including English and Maths in not more than two sittings.
- HND holders must possess a PGD from a recognized institution before being qualified for masters
- Third class degree graduates must also have a PGD or five years postgraduation work experience
- Ph.D candidates must possess a masters degree with a research thesis component
- Ph.D candidates are expected to liase with the relevant departments prior to selecting their proposed research areas to ensure such departments can host the proposed study
- Applicants who earn a minimum CGPA of 3.5 at the end of the M.Phil programme shall be upgraded to proceed for Ph.D.
- Where a student (Masters/Ph.D) is unable to complete his/her study within the stipulated time, the student shall be awarded the relevant PGD or M.Phil component.
- HND holders with lower credit are not eligible
- University graduates with CGPA less than 3.5 are not eligible
- Visit the official website at http://forms.abu.edu.ng/pgform
- Create an account which you will need to obtain a unique transaction ID which will be used to pay for your form
- Visit any branch of these banks to pay for your application form.
Banks (FCMB,FBN,ECOBANK,UBA,ZENITH BANK,GTB,ACCESS BANK,KEYSTONE BANK, STANBIC IBTC,MAINSTREET,UNITY,SKYE BANK,DIAMOND BANK and ABU microfinance bank Samaru)
Check Admission Status
- Visit the website at https://portal.abu.edu.ng/pgadmission/admission_list
- Enter your application no, registration no and surname then click on search to view your admission status.
ABUSPGS School Fees
Application form (PGD/MASTERS/PH.D)-#10,500
Registration fee (Masters,M.Sc and PGD-#25,000
Acceptance fee -#50,000
Tuition fees- PGD -#405,000
- Collect your admission letters at school of postgraduate studies and proceed for screening with your original credentials to your faculty board room.
- Go to Room B26 for verification of O’level results
- Pay acceptance fee of #5,500, publication fee of #5000 and orientation fee of #1,500 to ABU microfinance bank
- Take the tellers to Room B7 to obtain acceptance form and school of postgraduate studies publications.
- Wait for your name and number to be uploaded on the portal.
- After your name has been uploaded, pay school fees at any of the banks listed above
- Register your courses after confirmation with your department
8. Submit the file at school of postgraduate studies and your department