Equity bank has gone beyond mere banking or providing just financial services into a more holistic packaged services that brings in a revolutionary personalized banking solution with great communication solution. It my joy to introduce to you the equitel service.
Equitel is a platform that offers banking and communication solutions together powered by Equity bank. It gives you the absolute control over your funds as well wonderful service on call, SMS and internet service. To get on board, you may simply pick your equitel SIM at any equity bank nationwide. It will be activated and linked to your account by the customer care officer.
How To Download Equitel App
The equitel service has been made much more easier with the availability of its app. You can simply download and install the app. Here is the guide;
- Launch your app store
- Use the search box to search for equitel app
- Click on the app from the results to get it installed
- After installation, you may launch the app and create an account on the app.
What You Can Do With Equitel
There are a number of things that you can do with equitel which is aimed at making life easier for equity bank customers. Here is the list;
- Ability to link and manage joint or group accounts
- Ability to carry out and authorise transactions from your account with equitel
- Ability to transfer money to other equity bank account and other bank account
- Ability to check group account balance
- Ability to pay utility bill
- Ability to Send money to any mobile money such as MPESA, Orange money, Airtel money etc.
- Ability to withdraw cash from the Equity agent or Equity bank branch
How Link Joint Or Group Account
Here are steps to take to link Joint or group account;
- Launch the app and sign in
- From the menu, click on My Money
- From here select Others
- Next is to choose Link my other account or card followed by choosing Link my other account
- Input your PIN and then select Add account
- Next is to choose Add joint account
- Input the joint account number
- Input the alias, that is the signatories
- Verify the inputted details
- Then the accept terms and conditions
- Input your PIN and it is done.
How To Withdraw From Group Account Through The Equity Agent
To withdraw from the group account through an equity agent, here are the steps to take;
- Launch the app on your device and sign in
- Initiate the withdrawal. Once you do this, other group members who are signatories will be informed and they can authorise the transaction with their individual PIN.
- After the signatories approve the withdrawal, you will receive an SMS containing the transaction code to be presented to the equity agent that will give you the cash.
Here is the step by step guide to initiate the withdrawal;
- Navigate and tap on my money tab
- Next is to select withdraw Money followed by choosing Agent Withdraw
- Then you choose account
- Input the agent number
- Input the amount to be withdrawn
- Verify the details and input the PIN.
For any assistance or enquiry, please call +254763000100 or send an email to email@example.com