The Nigerian Maritime University is a new federal government university that is located in Okerenkoko, Kurutie Warri South West Local Government Area of Delta State.
The institution has been approved by the National university commission (NUC) to run undergraduate programmes which will lead to the award of BSc degree certificate upon completion or graduation.
For Nigerian Maritime University being a new University will mean that it won’t be competitive, and will advise candidates to try and choose this institution as their first choice.
To choose the Nigerian Maritime University as your first choice gives you a quicker opportunity for the institution to consider you for immediate admission.
For now the only disadvantage this institution has is that they only have few faculties which are just 3 and fewer courses which means you only have few options to choose from.
For instant, if you are interested in studying medicine and surgery, biochemistry, optometrist and other professional health science course like nursing, the university doesn’t have department for them. Note that it’s a maritime university.
However, if you intend to study law, management sciences, and engineering then you can consider this institution and be rest assured of admission as long as you scored up to 180 in your JAMB.
The faculties In Nigerian Maritime University
This university has just 3 faculties which are as follows:
The faculty of Engineering
The Facility of transport.
The Faculty of environmental management.
However, some of the programme that are offered in this faculties are pure science, engineering, law, social and management science, and marine sciences.
READ ALSO- List Of Accredited Schools Of Health Technology In Nigeria, The Requirements And All You Must Know
Here Are General Requirements For The Applicants
- Should possess the JAMB UTME exams before you can start applying
- Must not be an undergraduate of any universities or tertiary institution.
- Must have the required five (5) credits passes in your SSCE, NECO, GCE ‘O’ level result.
- The ‘O’ level result should be at least two sittings.
- Must meet up with the maritime university cut off mark which is 180 for all courses
Other Documents Needed To Process Your Form And Admission Are
- Must have and provide your birth certificate or declaration of age.
- Must have and provide your complete O level results, and note that this should be in their original or statement of result format.
- Your secondary school leaving testimonial will also be needed.
- And with your application fee you should then proceed to apply.
Here Is How To Register For The Nigeria Maritime University 2019/2020
- You will need to visit the school website, because the application form of the Nigerian Maritime University Admission can be downloaded online at www.nmu.edu.ng
- You will need to first login to the official portal once the portal opens click on the online undergraduate Admission Application form.
- Then once you must have submitted your online application form for the Nigerian Maritime University, you will still have to print the acknowledgement slip sent to your email.
- However, if you find the above very difficult to do, the institution gives the opportunity for you to come for a manual registration which takes place in the Admissions Office of the University at Kurutie Campus.