The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) is a scheme set up by the Federal government of Nigeria to involve Nigerian graduates in nation building and the development of the country. Since 1973, graduates of Nigerian universities and later polytechnics have been required to partake in National Youth Service Corp program for one year.
Today, we will show you the registration requirement involved for both local and foreign students for the National Youth Service Corp (NYSC).
Tips To Guide Prospective Corp Members During The Online Registration For The NYSC
- Make sure your passport photograph that is uploaded is clear
- Do not ever forget the username and password used during registration
- Do not let someone take your thumbprint for you.
- Make sure to apply for correction of spelling mistakes and rearranged names on your profile dashboard. This can be done even after orientation exercise
- Double check your information before submitting it to avoid giving out wrong details
NYSC Online Registration Process And Requirements For Both Local And Foreign Students
- Visit any of this web address
- Make sure you check senate list to verify your records
- If it’s your first time you are registering, click on registration for mobilization.
- If you registered before and didn’t complete it or submit, please do not creat a new account, just click on “login here” button to resume your registration with your former password and username.
- If you were mobilized in previous batches but have registered before but couldn’t proceed to orientation camp, just click on revalidation link to re-validate your registration.
- All prospective corps members (PCM) must make sure that they have valid email addresses and Nigerian telephone number which you will use to register.
- For locally trained PCM, you are expected to use your correct matriculation numbers to register.
- To all locally trained graduate, only those who appear who appear on the senate/academic board approved result list submitted by their school will have access to the registration page on NYSC portal.
- All foreign trained graduate should know that only those who graduated from accredited institutions will be allowed for mobilisation.
- All foreign-trained graduates are advised to visit NYSC portal to register and upload the following documents.
- WASC, GCE, NECO, NABTEB with 5 credit passes in not more than 2 sittings or a high school diploma or its equivalent for students who attended school in the USA, etc.
- Complete official transcript of the first degree or HND programme,
- International travelling passport showing
- Personal data
- Visa to the country of study
- Date of first departure to the country of study
- Date of arrival in Nigeria.
- Graduates with dual nationalities are required to upload personal data page of both international passport and present it for physical verification at the orientation camp
- All foreign trained graduate who studied in non-English speaking countries should translate their transcripts into English language before uploading and present it for physical verification
- All graduates of Medicine, Radiology, Pharmacy, Medical Laboratory, and Veterinary Medicine are expected to have their certificate of registration with their professional bodies.
- For all foreign graduate who registered for exemption certificate shall present all original academic credential and international passport for physical verification when collecting their certificate of exemption.
- Married female prospective corps members whether local or foreign trained should also upload copies of their marriage certificate, evidence of change of name and their husband place of residence.
- Prospective corps members with health issues should indicate their health status during registration.
- All part time graduates are expected to register online and wait for the collection of their letter of exclusion at their individual institutions.