The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) is a scheme set up by the Federal government of Nigeria to help make the Nigerian graduates be involved in the building and the development of the nation. Since 1973, graduates of Nigerian universities and later polytechnics have been required to go through the National Youth Service Corp program for one year.
Today, this article will show you the online registration procedures and requirements for the National Youth Service Corp (NYSC).
Tips For Online Registration For The NYSC Members
- You should do your thumbprint yourself.
- Ensure you apply for correction of spelling mistakes and rearranged names on your profile dashboard. This can also be done even after orientation exercise
- Double check your information before submitting it to avoid giving out invalid details
- Make sure your passport photograph that is uploaded is clear
- Make sure to always remember the username and password used during registration
NYSC Online Registration Procedures And Requirements
Visit any of this web address
- ensure you check senate list to verify your details
- If you are doing this for the first time, click on registration for mobilization.
- If you have done this before and didn’t complete it or submit, please don’t create a new account, just click on the button “login here” to resume your registration with your former password and username.
- If you were mobilized in the former batch but have registered before but did not proceed to orientation camp, just click on revalidation link to re-validate your registration.
- All prospective corps members (PCM) must make sure that they have valid email addresses and Nigerian phone number which they can use in registration.
- For the PCM who studied in Nigeria, you are required to use your correct matriculation numbers in registration.
- To all graduates who studied in Nigeria, only those their names appeared on the senate/academic board approved result list submitted by their school will gain access to the registration page on NYSC portal.
- All foreign graduates should know that only those who graduated from recognised schools will be allowed for mobilisation.
- All foreign graduates are required to visit the NYSC portal for registration and uploading of the following documents.
- WASC, GCE, NECO, NABTEB with 5 credit passes in not more than 2 sittings or a high school diploma or its equivalent for students who attended school in the USA, etc.
- Complete official transcript from first degree or HND programme,
- Graduates from certificate are not required to register.
- International passport that shows
- Personal data
- Visa to the place of study
- Date of first departure to the place of study
- Date of arrival in Nigeria.
- All foreign graduate who schooled in non-English speaking countries should ensure they translate their transcripts into English language before uploading and presenting it for physical clearance.
- All graduates of medical laboratory, Medicine, Radiology, Pharmacy, Optometry, physiotherapy and Veterinary Medicine are expected to have their certificate of registration with their professional bodies.
- Graduates with dual citizenships are to upload personal data pages of both the international travelling passport and present it for physical clearance at the orientation camp
- Married female prospective corps members should also upload copies of their marriage certificate, proof of change of name and their husband place and country of residence.
- PCMs with health challenges should indicate their health status during registration.
- All graduates who did part time are required to register online and wait for the collection of their letter of exclusion at their individual institutions.