It has been known for years that France is one of the finest country on the European continent. They have lots of beautiful places to visit, no wonder many travellers chooses them as their number one choice distinction for tourism.
French happens to be their official language, while the city of Paris is its capital. Although English language is the main language spoken by immigrants and visitors who reside there or came for a business transaction.
If you have the intention to travel to France and you are not quite sure of what it takes or where to apply, then, in today’s write up, we will show you all you need to know on how to apply for your own visa in the French consulate located in Lagos and all the documents that are required.
The France Visa Requirement
- You will need to have a completed France visa processing application form
- You will need to provide 3 months bank account statement
- You will need to have an international passport that should be valid for 6 months and should have 3 available blank pages
- You will need to provide 2 coloured current passport size photograph that should meet the Schengen photo requirement
- You will also provide your visa application payment receipt which was downloaded after you completed the application form online
- You must bring a proof of hotel reservation
- You will need to present a travelling insurance which must cover the entire duration you intends to spend in France
- You will have to provide a letter of invitation
- If applicable, you will need to provide duplicate copies of your previous Schengen visas
For People Under The Age Of 18
The following documents must be provided:
- You will need to provide duplicate copy of parents passport
- You will provide a letter of consent from the parents.
- You will need to provide birth certificate
How To Apply For The France Visa
To apply for France visitor’s visa please follow the step by step procedures below:
- Visit the France visa web portal
- Open a free account
- You will need to fill the online visa application form
- Once you finished filling the visa application form, then download the completed application form
- Then put all the vital documents that will be required together.
- You should schedule an appointment with the France consulate visa application office in Lagos
- Ensure you attend the scheduled appointment and then submit the application form at their office in Lagos
- Next, make payment for the visa processing fee
- You can then submit your biometric if its applicable to the type of visa you are applying for
- The final step will be the collection of your passport
Note: You should be informed that the visa application process takes around 10 to 14 working days, so ensure you apply for the France visa for at least one month before your intending time of travelling.
The Cost Of France Visa Processing
- Short stay visa for children who are under the ages of 6 to 12 years will cost the sum of ₦14, 500
- Short stay visa for children who are below 6 years is free
- Short stay visa for adults will cost the sum of ₦25, 000
France Consulate Office Address In Lagos
Admiral Ayinla way, Lekki-Epe Expressway, plot 110, Lagos